Samsung’s Galaxy Tab 3, by far is one of the most widely used Android tablets. Reason behind this Tab’s wide use is the spec sheet it has to offer in an affordable price. It sports a 7.0 inches TFT touchscreen display. Samsung has powered it up 1.2 GHz dual core CPU accompanied by PowerVR SGX540 GPU and there’s a RAM of 1 GB. At the back, there’s a 3.15 MP shooter while this TAB also sports a 1.3 MP secondary cam for video calling. Samsung initially rolled the device out running Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, and since then there was no news or word anywhere about the device’s any further update and recently Samsung has surprised the SIM variant (SM-T211) owners by rolling out the Android 4.4.2 KitKat, and that actually is a great surprise indeed as it is a direct move from Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean to Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
The new firmware is loaded with a number of enhancements here and there. The apparent changes are the transparent notification bar with white icons atop. Lockscreen has been changed, Camera apps’ shortcut is available on the lockscreen as well. The media control buttons are now available on the full screen while listening to the music. Besides this, there are bug fixes and performance has been improved.
As usual, this update will reach out different regions through OTA or through Samsung Kies. But in case you do not happen to be the lucky user to receive this update by both these means, you may get a little worried, but this now has to come to an end as you have spotted the place where you will find a solution. We are going to update the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 SM-T211 with Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware in the following post using a manual method that uses Odin3 to load the firmware on your device. The method is completely safe and pretty much easy. All you need to do is to follow this guide to the word to avoid any mishaps.
Here are the firmware details:
- Device details: Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 – SM-T211
- Region: ITV – Italy
- OS: Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Build Date: 21.06.2014
You do not need to worry about the region, this firmware will run great on any Galaxy Tab 3 SM-T211 in any region all around the world.
- This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T211. Do not try this on any other device.
- Make sure that your phone’s battery is charged at least over 60%.
- Use the original data cable for establishing the connection between your PC and phone.
- Backup all your important contacts, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important sms messages, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important call logs, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important media content manually. (Copy to your PC.)
- If you’ve flashed a custom recovery, it is suggested that you create a Nandroid Backup. [Important]
- If your device is rooted, you may use Titanium Backup to backup each and everything on your phone.
- Although it is not necessary to wipe your phone before flashing this firmware, but to achieve the best performance, it is recommended that you perform a factory reset before flashing this firmware.
- A clean install is always preferred for the best results from the new firmware. It is recommended that you wipe your phone from the recovery using “Factory Data Reset” option and then install this firmware.
- Turn off /disable Samsung Kies while using Odin3.
- Turn of any Anti Virus softwares while using Odin3.
- Alright. Follow the instructions carefully.
Things you need to download:
How To Update Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 SM-T211 with Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Clean install is always recommended, at first, you need to backup everything as explained above. Now boot your Galaxy Tab 3 into recovery mode and wipe factory data / reset. In order to do so, turn off your Tab 3 first, now turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power Key and you should be able to see the recovery in a while.
- Open Odin3.exe.
- Put your Tab 3 in download mode. To do so, turn it off and wait for 10 seconds. Turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key simultaneously, You should see a warning, press Volume Up to continue. In case this method doesn’t work for you, try one from this guide.
- Connect your Tab 3 to your PC.
- As soon as Odin detects your phone, the ID:COM box should turn blue. Make sure that you’ve installed Samsung USB drivers before connecting.
- For Odin 3.09 hit the AP tab. Select the extracted firmware file, that should be in .tar.md5 format.
- If you’re using Odin 3.07, you will select “PDA” tab instead of the AP tab, rest of the options remain untouched.
- Make sure that the options selected in your Odin are exactly as shown in the pic.
- Hit start and wait till the firmware flashing is complete, as soon as your device restarts, remove it from PC.
- Congrats! your device is now running on Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware.
That’s all. In case you got any queries, stop by the comment box below and drop your words. We will get back to you ASAP!
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- How to install Magisk Systemless Interface on Android - April 22, 2017
- Fix Galaxy S8 Not registered on network - April 22, 2017
- How to fix LG G4 that keeps restarting itself - April 22, 2017