Samsung’s Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 is much popular among the users, specially the females sitting at home and enjoying their time playing some cool games or watching tips for their everyday life, one more use of the Tab is for kids who always love to mess around with addictive and amazing Android apps running on it. Tab 3 comes pre-loaded with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, and the device will run on the same Android version until and unless Samsung gives the device some attention and rolls out some information officially about any future updates for Galaxy Tab 3. That may leave signs of disappointment on those who are looking to taste something new and different on their devices, but wait! Don’t worry about it, specially when we have XDA-Developers around.
Thanks to the developer for coming up with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ported from Galaxy Tab Lite SM-T110 to Galaxy Tab 3 SM-T210 and SM-T210R. The stable build has already landed, you may install it on your device and get it a whole new life. Android 4.2.2 surely is a lot better with fixed bugs, performance enhancements here and there and minor UI changes atop. Android 4.2.2 also gives you Multi Window feature that Samsung introduced in Galaxy S3 first of all. Battery life is enhanced as well. Galaxy Tab 3 will not get any update any time soon, so this maybe the best choice to go with for now. In order to get it installed on your device, you may head towards the installation instructions and method now.
Here are the important installation instructions:
- This ROM works for Galaxy Tab 3 SM-T210 and SM-T210R. Do not try this on any other device. Check your device’s model under settings > About device > Model.
- Your device must be charged over at least 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any mishap during the installation process.
- Use the OEM data cable to establish connection between your PC and Phone if needed.
- Backup each and everything on your Android phone as you may have to go through data wipes during installation process. Here are the backup procedures.
- Backup all your important contacts, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important sms messages, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important call logs, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important media content manually. (Copy to your PC.)
- Backup all your apps / data. If you’ve rooted your device, use Titanium Backup to do so. Follow the full guide here.
- Your device must have TWRP Recovery installed. Follow the full guide here to install one.
- Once installed TWRP or CWM, don’t forget to make a nandroid backup using the backup options in the custom recovery. This is highly recommended in case something goes wrong and you need to go back to the previous working state of your system immediately.
- Although this ROM is a stable build, but we recommend you to install this only if you’ve enough knowledge about custom ROMs and you actually know how to handle these. In case you’re not much familiar, you may stick to your phone’s current OS.
- Make sure that you read all the important instructions carefully. Once done, you may go ahead.
|Disclaimer: The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is SAMSUNG in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.|
How to Install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Tab 3 SM-T210/T210R:
Download the zip files for your device:
- Copy both the downloaded .zip files to your phones’ external or internal SD card.
- Now boot into custom recovery (CWM or TWRP) depending on the one you installed on your device.
- In custom recovery wipe factory data first. (for neat installation).
- Now select “Install > Choose Zip > locate the file from where you placed it > Choose Kernel.zip file”.
- Get back to the main menu in CWM recovery and once again now select “Install > Choose Zip > locate the file from where you placed it > Choose ROM.zip file”.
- Complete the ROM installation.
- Once the installation is completed, reboot your device.
- First boot may take a few minutes, hold on.
- Once you see the screen you’re done.
- That’s All! Enjoy Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on your Galaxy Tab 3.
Here are some screenshots from this ROM:
This ROM may take a while to completely boot you into your phone. In case it’s taking too long, boot into CWM recovery and wipe cache and dalvik cache and reboot it. If it’s still stuck on the boot screen, you may want to go back to your phone’s last working state. You can either restore your phone’s nandroid backup or flash a stock firmware using our full guide here.
In case you got any queries, or face any issues with this post, feel free to stop by the comment box below and drop us your words. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks All
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Plus Stock Wallpapers - March 29, 2017
- List of Samsung Galaxy S8 & Galaxy S8 Plus Model Numbers - March 29, 2017
- T-Mobile goes underwater to welcome the Galaxy S8 with Sharks - March 29, 2017