Galaxy Tab 3 Lite came out in January, 2013. A low end and cheap variant of the Galaxy Tab 3 sporting a 7.0 inches IPS touch display, a 1.2 GHz dual core CPU, 1 GB RAM and 8 GB memory on the board. Galaxy Tab 3 Lite runs on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean and there hasn’t been any update for this device, nor there’s a word by Samsung about any further updates of this device.
For some users, specially the Android enthusiasts, it is always hard to stick with the stock firmware as it may become quite boring after sometime using the same UI and same features again and again, but if you happen to be a Galaxy Tab 3 Lite owner and you’re looking to change your taste, you may not be able to find enough stuff to mess with as this device’s development isn’t too vast.
Thanks to our friend Dr Ketan, who recently got his hands on the Galaxy Tab 3 Lite for his son, and he brought up something great all the Galaxy Tab 3 Lite users. Dr Ketan has brought up his very own Custom ROM for this device loaded with a number of features that will make your device fly high. Dr Ketan’s Custom ROM is based on stock Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with the customized features. We are going to install this ROM on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite in the following post, just in case you’ve been looking for a custom firmware for your Tab 3 Lite, let’s go through the ROM features in detail and then begin installation.
ROM installation is done by AROMA installer, a fully user controlled customization installer.
-Inbuilt Aroma file manager in case anything go wrong while playing device with different mods, you can manage to explore device from recovery
-Customized Bloatware remover, select only app you don’t want.(including Knox)
-Customized bloatware restore (all bloatware you have removed can be restore later with this)
-Lock screen Password cleaner
-GPS changer (select according your location)
Pre rooted , Zip aligned
30 battery Mod
Call Recording –
4 Way Reboot mod
Camera Hack – Use camera with Flash at low battery
Auto record Incoming call
Auto Record Outgoing call
Auto GPS (GPS will auto ON with some common app needs GPS)
Auto Wifi (Wifi will be turn off if remains disconnected for 10min)
Auto Blutooth (will be turn off if remains unpaired for 10min)
Smart Network (Mob data will be switched off after 30 sec of screen off)
Media scanner Enable/Disable
Advanced function SecMMs
Recipient limit 999
Raise SMS/hr limit
Split view toggle in setting menu
Increased MMS max size
Increased size of image
No SMS to MMS with Emoji
There’s a number of tweaks/MODs available that you may come across while installing this ROM. Let’s get done with the process now.
- This ROM is only for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite SM-T111. Do not try this on any other device, please check your device’s model in Settings > About Device > Model.
- Your device must have a custom recovery installed, in case you’re missing it you may. Install TWRP recovery on your Tab 3 Lite SM-T111 from this post.
- Your device’s battery should be charged at least over 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues during the flashing process.
- Make sure that you backup your important media content, Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. This is highly recommended just in case something goes wrong and you need to reset your phone.
- If you already have rooted your device, use Titanium Backup to back up all your important apps + system data. Also if you are using a custom recovery, it is recommended that you backup your current system using that first. [Just for the sake of safety]. Here’s our full Nandroid Backup guide.
- You will have to go through Data Wipes during installation of this ROM, so make sure that you have backed up all the mentioned data.
- Make an EFS backup of your phone before you flash this ROM.
- You need enough confidence to flash this ROM.
- Alright! Go ahead and flash the custom firmware, follow this guide to the letter.
How To Install Dr Ketan Custom ROM On Galaxy Tab 3 Lite SM-T111:
- Download T111-NB2_Dr.Ketan Custom ROM V1 .zip file.
- Copy the downloaded file to your Galaxy Tab 3 Lite’s internal SD card.
- Now boot into TWRP recovery on your Tab 3. To do so, turn it off completely. Now turn it onn by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power Key. You should be able to see TWRP interface in a while.
- Once in TWRP, tap “Wipe>Swipe finger to Factory Reset”.
- Once wiped, get back to the main menu in TWRP and tap “Install”.
- Locate the copied Dr Ketan Custom ROM.zip file and tap it.
- Swipe finger on “Yes” to confirm the flashing, as soon as you do, ROM installer will open up.
- Now make the selections you wish, follow the on screen instructions and flash the ROM.
- Once done, reboot your Galaxy Tab 3 Lite.
- Congrats! Dr Ketan Custom ROM is installed on your Tab 3 Lite. Enjoy the great features now.
That’s all. In case you got any queries or you’re facing any issues regarding this custom ROM, feel free to stop by the comment box below. We will catch you up immediately. Thanks all.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- How to logout of Facebook Messenger on Android and iPhone - February 25, 2017
- How to install Google Play Store on Chinese OnePlus phones - February 25, 2017
- Download Deadtale Online for Undertale for PC - February 22, 2017