Samsung has just overcome its promise of rolling out the Android 4.3 update for its latest flagship Samsung Galaxy S4. The Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update for Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE GT-I9505 has started rolling out. The update has been rolled out for Germany(DBT) first of all and might take a bit long to reach your region. You may update your device via OTA update or using Samsung Kies but only when the update hits your region.
If you are one of those, who can’t wait to receive the official update roll outs, and eager to get their hands on the official firmware as soon as possible, then you may follow this guide as we will tell you how you can update your device to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean right at the moment.
Things you need to download:
How to Update:
- Open Odin.
- Put your phone in download mode. To do so, turn it off and wait for 10 seconds. Turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key simultaneously, You should see a warning, press Volume Up to continue.
- Connect your phone to your PC.
- As soon as Odin detects your phone, the ID:COM box should turn blue. Make sure that you’ve installed Samsung USB drivers before connecting.
- Hit the PDA tab, for Odin 3.09 hit the AP tab. Select the extracted firmware file, that should be in .tar.md5 format.
- Make sure that the options selected in your Odin are exactly as shown in the pic.
- Hit start and wait till the firmware flashing is complete, as soon as your device restarts, remove it from PC.
- Congrats! You’ve installed the latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on your Galaxy S4 LTE now.
It is not necessary to wipe your phone completely after flashing the latest firmware, but it is highly recommended if you do so. Removing factory data ensures that all the junk has been removed and your device gives you the best performance on the latest firmware. Backup all the contacts, call logs, messages and important data on your device’s internal sd before you wipe it completely through recovery.
Got any problems? Feel free to leave us a comment, we will try our best to help you out. Thank you.