International variant of the Galaxy S3 won’t be getting Android 4.4.2 KitKat. Samsung’s list of the devices left the Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 owners pretty much disappointed. The only thing you can do now is to try out some nice stock based custom or some completely custom ROM on your international Galaxy S3 and give your device a new and different life. Once you start looking out for a comfortable custom ROM, you may come across a number of custom ROMs and the confusion will be there once again when you’ve to pick up one out of that list. To make the selection easier for you, we’ve found Android Revolution HD custom ROM, based on stock Android 4.3 Jelly Bean with a ponderous list of features on board, this ROM is nice, stable and may be the best choice to go with for now.
Android Revolution HD ROM is much popular and is also available for so many other devices. All the credit for providing the users this great operating system goes to XDA Senior member mike1986. Current version of Android Revolution HD for Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 is v52.0 that we are going to install on the device in the following post. Before we head towards the installation guide, let’s go through the features of this ROM.
- This ROM is only for Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300. Do not try this on any other device, please check your device’s model in Settings > About Device > Model.
- Your device must have a custom recovery installed, in case you’re missing it you may Follow our full guide here to install TWRP.
- Your device’s battery should be charged at least over 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues during the flashing process.
- Make sure that you backup your important media content, Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. This is highly recommended just in case something goes wrong and you need to reset your phone.
- If you already have rooted your device, use Titanium Backup to back up all your important apps + system data. Also if you are using a custom recovery, it is recommended that you backup your current system using that first. [Just for the sake of safety]. Here’s our full Nandroid Backup guide.
- You will have to go through Data Wipes during installation of this ROM, so make sure that you have backed up all the mentioned data.
- Make an EFS backup of your phone before you flash this ROM.
- You need enough confidence to flash this ROM.
- Alright! Go ahead and flash the custom firmware, follow this guide to the letter.
How to Install Android Revolution HD 52.0 on Samsung Galaxy S3:
- Download Android Revolution HD 52.0 ROM .zip file.
- Connect your phone to your PC now.
- Copy the .zip files to the storage of your phone.
- Now disconnect your phone and turn it off complete.
- Boot into TWRP recovery now, in order to do so, turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key. You should see the recovery mode in a while.
- Now in TWRP recovery, wipe cache, factory data reset and advanced options > dalvik cache.
- After wiping all these three, select “Install” option.
- Now select “Install > Choose Zip from SD card > Select Android Revolution HD.zip file > Yes”.
- This will flash the ROM in your phone.
- Reboot your device.
- You should see the Android Revolution HD ROM running on your device in a while.
- That’s all!
First boot may take up to 10 minutes, you may not worry if it’s taking that much long. In case it’s taking too long, you may boot into TWRP recovery and wipe cache and dalvik cache and reboot your device as it may fix the issue. In case your device is having issues, you may return to your old system using the Nandroid backup or follow our guide here to install stock firmware.
In case you got any issues or you face any difficulties regarding this post, please feel free to stop by the comment box below and let us know. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you all.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Plus Stock Wallpapers - March 29, 2017
- List of Samsung Galaxy S8 & Galaxy S8 Plus Model Numbers - March 29, 2017
- T-Mobile goes underwater to welcome the Galaxy S8 with Sharks - March 29, 2017