The good thing I love about Samsung is, Samsung doesn’t forget its smartphones and tries to bring the latest operating system to its popular and best selling devices. But unfortunately we saw the updates for Samsung Galaxy S2 only till Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. Samsung has not decided/announced to roll out any new firmware update for Galaxy S2 until now. Anyways, the other good thing is that Samsung’s devices have a vast development platform and the developers always find it easy to bring the latest mods and custom roms for Samsung devices.
You may be an Android Freak and wanting to get your hands on the latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on your Galaxy S2. While Android Jelly Bean 4.3 will not be available for GS2 officially, many of the GS2 owners may get disappointed but wait!, as mentioned earlier, the developers always find it easy to develop custom roms for Samsung devices. CyanogenMod developers have successfully developed the CyanogenMod 10.2 custom rom based on Android Jelly Bean 4.3 for some devices including Samsung Galaxy S2, so if you want to taste the unofficial Jelly Bean 4.3 you may follow our easy guide to get it on your phone.
Let’s head towards our guide and learn how you can get the Android Jelly Bean 4.3 on your Galaxy S2
Disclaimer: The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is Samsung in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
Before we begin, make sure that you have battery charged over 60 % and have backed up all your important Contacts, Call Logs& Messages. It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to backup all your important data.
- First of all you need to gain the root access on your device and install a custom recovery.
- In order to do so Follow Our Easy Guide, and gain root access + custom recovery on your GS2.
- Verify that you have installed the custom recovery by entering into recovery mode by pressing Volume Up + Home Button + Power key simultaneously. Your phone should boot into a custom recovery based on ClockworkMod.
- Download the unofficial Android Jelly Bean 4.3 CyanogenMod 10.2 from HERE.
- Download the Gapps for CyanogenMod 10.2 from HERE.
- Place the downloaded file on your phone’s sd card.
- Boot into the recovery mode on your phone. In order to do so turn off your phone by pulling our the battery for 30 seconds or by long pressing the power key. Now press and hold Volume Up + Home button + Power key simultaneously, your phone should now boot into ClockworkMod recovery.
- You can move between the options by pressing volume up and down keys, if you have CWM Advanced addition you can use touch. To make a selection you may press power key or home button.
- Select ”Install Zip from Sd Card” and the select ”Choose Zip from Sd Card”.
- Now select the downloaded Android Jelly Bean 4.3 Custom Rom .zip file which you placed on your Sd Card.
- Select Yes and let the installation process complete. As soon as your phone reboots, you have the Custom Rom installed on your phone. Boot into the recovery mode once again now and wipe all your factory data and cache in order to clean all the system junk.
- Now you may find that the Google Play Store is missing on your device, but there’s no need to worry about. You need to simply flash the downloaded GApps .zip file for CyanogenMod 10.2 by entering into the recovery and repeating the step G – J but this time you will select GApps file.
- As soon as your phone reboots, you have the Google Play Store installed as well.
- Congrats! You have now Android 4.3 installed on your GS2, Enjoy using it!
We hope that you find our guide easy to use, leave us feedback through comment box below :). Got any queries? Feel free to ask us, we’ll try our best to help you out.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Soul Knight for PC (Windows and Mac) - February 26, 2017
- Download LG G6 Stock Wallpapers - February 26, 2017
- How to logout of Facebook Messenger on Android and iPhone - February 25, 2017