Samsung Galaxy Note’s updates stopped at Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. Although this device still stands at a good place and is a great choice to go with, but unfortunately the Galaxy Note owners won’t be able to taste any further version of Android on their device. In this case, the only solution is a custom ROM. Custom ROMs always add life to the device that are actually forgotten by the manufacturers, and when it comes to choosing a Custom ROM, CyanogenMod stands at the first spot. Android 4.4.4 KitKat, based on CyanogenMod 11 is available for the Galaxy Note GT-N7000. So, the users owning this device have a chance to taste KitKat on their device with the help of this ROM.
Android 4.4.4 KitKat based on CyanogenMod for the Galaxy Note GT-N7000 is presented by XDA recognized contributor herna. This ROM is a nightly version, so chances are it’s going to be very buggy. Before you go ahead and start flashing it, make sure that you’ve a good idea about custom ROMs and you actually know how to handle em’. This ROM may not be kept for everyday’s use. Let’s go through the early preparations and then flash this ROM to get the KitKat on your Galaxy Note GT-N7000.
This is only for Galaxy Note 1 GT-N7000!
This custom ROM is only for the device mentioned above. Make sure that your model number matches the one listed above. To do so, go to Settings > About Device on your device and see your model number. Flashing this ROM on any other device will result in bricking it so make sure that you meet this requirement first of all.
Battery should be charged at least over 60%.
Make sure that your battery is charged enough to complete the flashing process. In case your battery is low and your device goes dead during the flashing process, you may end up soft bricking your device as it won’t complete the flashing process.
Flash a Custom Recovery.
A custom recovery, whether a TWRP or CWM is required to flash this ROM. You may find CWM for the Galaxy Note GT-N7000 on our site and flash it using the instructions explained in the guide.
4. Backup everything!
Just to be on the safe side, you may consider backing up each and everything from your Android device. This is highly recommended so that in case anything goes wrong, you still have the access to all of your data and you can restore it immediately. You may backup everything as listed below.
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Backup EFS
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – If CWM or TWRP installed previously, otherwise skip this step and perform this at the end of flashing.
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is SAMSUNG in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
How To Update Galaxy Note N7000 To Android 4.4.4 KitKat With CyanogenMod 11 Custom ROM:
- Make sure that you’ve installed a custom recovery. There’s CWM linked above.
- Download cm-11-20140813-NIGHTLY-n7000.zip
- Download Google Gapps.zip file
- Copy both the .zip files to your phone’s SD card.
- Boot into CWM recovery mode on your phone now. To do so, turn if off completely first. Now turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power Key. As soon as you see the screen turning on, leave the buttons and you should boot into the recovery mode.
- Once in recovery, perform and factory data reset and also wipe cache.
- Now select “Install Zip > Choose Zip from SDcard > locate the cm-11-2014813-NIGHTLY-n7000.zip file > Yes” and flash it.
- Once flashed, now once again select “Install Zip > Choose Zip from SDcard > locate the Gapps.zip file” and flash it.
- Once flashed Gapps, wipe cache and dalvik cache from the CWM recovery and reboot your device.
- As soon as your device boots up, you will see the CM logo.
- First boot may take up to 10 minutes, hold on tight till it boots up completely.
- That’s all. Enjoy KitKat on your device now.
In case your device is having issues, you may return to your old system using the Nandroid backup or follow our guide here to install stock firmware.
In case you got any issues or you face any difficulties regarding this post, please feel free to stop by the comment box below and let us know. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you all.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Nicki Minaj The Empire for Windows PC and Mac - December 8, 2016
- Download Nicki Minaj The Empire APK - December 8, 2016
- Download Trusted Contacts APK - December 7, 2016