Samsung recently rolled out Android 4.4.2 KitKat for its former flagship Note, Galaxy Note 2. The new update packs up minor UI changes e.g white notification icons at the top, transparent status bar, camera shortcut on lockscreen and other changes here and there. Besides these, KitKat adds to the performance of the device, bugs have been fixed and the update is stable. Earlier this update was available for the France region only, just today, Samsung has started rolling out the KitKat update to the Indian users as well.
For some reason, Indian firmware is always said to be one of the most stable firmwares for Samsung Galaxy devices. The firmware isn’t locked for the Indian region only, but the users from other regions may also install this firmware and enjoy the latest and greatest version of Android. Users living in India will be able to update their device through OTA updates or through Samsung Kies, but those living in other regions, or even those who didn’t receive the OTA updates, they can install Android 4.4.2 KitKAt XXUFND3 firmware for INU region manually using Odin3 on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100. In the following post we are going to have a look on the method that will help you to do so.
Let’s have a look on the firmware details:
Device Model: GT-N7100
Region: INU (India)
OS: Android 4.4.2 KitKat
Build Date: 08.04.2014
Here are the pre-installation instructions:
- Make sure that your phone’s battery is charged at least over 60%.
- Use the original data cable for establishing the connection between your PC and phone.
- Turn off /disable Samsung Kies while using Odin3.
- Turn of any Anti Virus softwares while using Odin3.
- Backup all your important data on internal storage, also backup your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. This is important as you will have to wipe your factory data after flashing this firmware. It is not necessary but it is highly recommended to achieve the best performance results.
- If you’ve flashed a custom recovery, it is suggested that you create a Nandroid Backup.
- Don’t forget to make EFS backup before flashing this firwmare.
- If your device is rooted, you may use Titanium Backup to backup each and everything on your phone.
- Although it is not necessary to wipe your phone before flashing this firmware, but to achieve the best performance, it is recommended that you perform a factory reset before flashing this firmware.
- A clean install is always preferred for the best results from the new firmware. It is recommended that you wipe your phone from the recovery using “Factory Data Reset” option and then install this firmware.
- Alright. Follow the instructions carefully.
Things you need to download:
How to Install Android 4.4.2 KitKat on Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100:
- Open Odin.exe.
- Put your phone in download mode. To do so, turn it off and wait for 10 seconds. Turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key simultaneously, You should see a warning, press Volume Up to continue.
- Connect your phone to your PC.
- As soon as Odin detects your phone, the ID:COM box should turn blue. Make sure that you’ve installed Samsung USB drivers before connecting.
- Hit the PDA tab if you’re using Odin 3.07, for Odin 3.09 hit the AP tab. Select the extracted firmware file, that should be in .tar.md5 format.
- Make sure that the options selected in your Odin are exactly as shown in the pic.
- Hit start and wait till the firmware flashing is complete, as soon as your device restarts, remove it from PC.
- Congrats! You’ve installed the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat on your Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100.
That’s all. In case you got any queries or you face any difficulties regarding this post, feel free to reach us through the comment box below. We will try our best to help you out. Thanks all.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download and Install Official Android Nougat on Galaxy S7/S7 Edge - January 18, 2017
- Download Bubble Witch 3 Saga for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017
- Download Star Wars Force Arena for PC (Windows and Mac) - January 16, 2017