Android 4.4.2 KitKat is now officially out Samsung’s Galaxy Mega 6.3 GT-I9205 LTE. Samsung rolled out Android 4.4.2 KitKat for its mainstream devices being pretty much lazy which paved way for Sony, LG and other manufacturers to take lead as they updated their devices to the latest and greatest versions of Android without any delay. But the users may not feel disappointed anymore as newer firmware version is already there.
This Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for Galaxy Mega 6.3 LTE sports white icons in the transparent notification bar, Music player on the lockscreen has a new UI, some of the applications have been enhanced. Performance of the device has been enhanced and a number of bugs has been fixed as well. The update is currently on a slow roll out and is reaching different regions through OTA or through Samsung Kies.
While the OTA updates or updates via Samsung Kies take a long time to reach the regions, some of the Android freaks might not be able to get their Galaxy Mega 6.3 new version of the Android OS that much soon and might result in causing impatience. If you happen to be one of those Android freaks, you need to calm yourself as the following post will help you to update your Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 LTE I905 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUDNF2 Official firmware using Samsung’s flashtool Odin3. Let’s go through the method and update the device now.
Here are the firmware details:
- Device: Samsung Galaxy Mega LTE 6.3 GT-I9205
- Firmware: Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Build: I9205XXUDNF2
- Region: ETL
- Build Date: 11/6/2014
- Changelist: 1907000
Here are the pre-installation instructions:
1. This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy Mega LTE I9205!
Make sure that your device is exactly as mentioned above. To check out what device you have, go to Settings > More/General > About Device or Settings > About Device and match the model number. Be careful about the device model number, flashing a file on a device not listed here might result in bricking it up. In that case, we may not be held responsible.
2. Battery should be charged at least 60%!
Your device’s battery shouldn’t be weak. In case your device goes dead during the flashing process, your device may get soft bricked and you might be in need of flashing stock firmware and that will ultimately result in wiping up your data as well. So, make sure that you charge your device before you start the flashing process.
3. Use the OEM datacable to establish connection!
Always use the original data cable to establish connection between your Android device and your computer / laptop. Using ordinary data cables might interrupt the flashing process, so to avoid any mishap, you need to meet this requirement as well.
4. Backup everything!
Just to be on the safe side, you may consider backing up each and everything from your Android device. This is highly recommended so that in case anything goes wrong, you still have the access to all of your data and you can restore it immediately. Also, clean install is always recommended, that means you will probably have to wipe your device to install the new firmware. So, you may backup everything as listed below.
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Backup EFS
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – If CWM or TWRP installed previously.
5. Turn off Samsung Kies and other softwares while using Odin3!
Make sure that you turn off Samsung Kies while using Odin3 flashtool. Samsung Kies will interrupt Odin3 and will result in causing errors and may not let you flash your desired firwmrae. Also, make sure that you turn off any antivirus software you’ve installed and also disable firewall to avoid any connection and flashing issues.
- Download and extract Odin3 v3.09.
- Download and Install Samsung USB drivers .
- Download and extract firmware file ETL-I9205XXUDNF2-20140801115421.zip
How To Update Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 I9205 LTE To Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUDNF2 Official Firmware:
- Wipe your device complete in order to attain a neat installation.
- Open Odin3.exe.
- Put your Galaxy Mega 6.3 LTE in download mode. To do so, turn it off and wait for 10 seconds. Turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key simultaneously, You should see a warning, press Volume Up to continue. In case this method doesn’t work for you, try one from this guide.
- Connect your device to your PC.
- As soon as Odin detects your phone, the ID:COM box should turn blue. Make sure that you’ve installed Samsung USB drivers before connecting.
- For Odin 3.09 hit the AP tab. Select the firmware.tar.md5 or firmware.tar, that you downloaded and extracted above.
- If you’re using Odin 3.07, you will select “PDA” tab instead of the AP tab, rest of the options remain untouched.
- Make sure that the options selected in your Odin are exactly as shown in the pic.
- Hit start and wait till the firmware flashing is complete, as soon as your device restarts, remove it from PC.
- Wait for your device to reboot, as soon as it reboots check out the new firmware!
- That’s all!
We hope that this guide worked perfectly for you. In case you are stuck with something or you are facing any issues regarding this post, make sure that you leave the comments below. We will get back to you immediately. Thank you.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Install Official Android Nougat on Galaxy S7 Active SM-G891A - February 19, 2017
- Install Official Android Nougat T-Mobile Galaxy S7 G930T and S7 Edge G935T - February 19, 2017
- Download Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 Stock Wallpapers - February 18, 2017