Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos is currently running on Android 4.2.2 and it doesn’t seem that Samsung will be bringing any further version of Android to this device anytime in near future. The only way to get your device a new life at the moment is the use of a custom ROM. Google has gone far ahead with its Android operating system, and currently it is at Android 4.4.4 KitKat which is far away from Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. If you happen to be a Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 or I9082L owner and you wish to get the latest and greatest version of Android running on your device, we’ve found a very nice custom ROM that will do the job for you and get a KitKat for your device.
ComicCM ROM by XDA dev k2wl and is AOSP based custom ROM available for the Galaxy Grand GT-I9082/L. This ROM comes with some cool features that are added by the developer himself, atop of this, as metioned this ROM is based on the latest Android by Google, the Android 4.4.4 KitKat. Most of the custom ROMs have been lagging the double SIM feature, luckily, this ROM has a working Dual SIM mode.
In the following post we are going to update the Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082 and GT-I9082L to Android 4.4.2 KitKat using the CosmicCM 4.4.4 custom ROM. In case you’ve been looking for an upgrade, all you need to do for now is to follow this guide carefully.
Here are the early preparations:
- This ROM is only for Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082/I9082L. Do not try this on any other device, please check your device’s model in Settings > About Device > Model.
- Your device must have a custom recovery installed, in case you’re missing it you may Follow our full guide here to install CWM.
- Your device’s battery should be charged at least over 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues during the flashing process.
- Make sure that you backup your important media content, Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. This is highly recommended just in case something goes wrong and you need to reset your phone.
- If you already have rooted your device, use Titanium Backup to back up all your important apps + system data. Also if you are using a custom recovery, it is recommended that you backup your current system using that first. [Just for the sake of safety]. Here’s our full Nandroid Backup guide.
- You will have to go through Data Wipes during installation of this ROM, so make sure that you have backed up all the mentioned data.
- Make EFS backup of your phone before you flash this ROM.
- You need enough confidence to flash this ROM on your Galaxy Grand Duos.
- Alright! Go ahead and flash the custom firmware, follow this guide to the letter.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy Grand to Android 4.4.4 KitKat with CosmicCM custom ROM:
- Download cm-CosmicCM-20140411-i9082/L.zip file.
- Download Google Gapps for Android 4.4 KitKat .zip file.
- Connect your phone to your PC now.
- Copy both the .zip files to the storage of your phone.
- Now disconnect your phone and turn it off complete.
- Boot into CWM recovery now, in order to do so, turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key. You should see the recovery mode in a while.
- Now in CWM recovery, wipe cache, factory data reset and advanced options > dalvik cache.
- After wiping all these three, select “Install” option.
- Now select “Install > Choose Zip from SD card > Select cm-Cosmic.zip file > Yes”.
- This will flash the ROM in your phone.
- Once again in CWM select “Install > Choose zip from SD card > Google Gapps.zip file > Yes”.
- This will flash Gapps in your phone.
- Reboot your device.
- You should see the CosmicCM Android 4.4.4 KitKat running on your device in a while.
- That’s all!
Enable Dual SIM:
- Install Android ADB and Fastboot Drivers.
- Open the ADB command terminal, as explained in the guide.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your Galaxy Grand.
- Now connect it to your PC.
- Issue this command in command terminal:
su setprop persist.radio.multisim.config dsds Once done, you will find the Dual SIM option in Settings > Multi SIM Settings. That's all!
That’s all with the ROM installation. In case you get stuck with anything or you are facing any difficulties regarding this post, feel free to stop by the comment box below and drop your query. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you all.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus Price and Release Date - March 29, 2017
- Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus Official Images - March 29, 2017
- Clash of Titans: Galaxy S8 vs Galaxy S8 Plus vs LG G6 vs XZ Premium vs P10 Plus - March 29, 2017