Resurrection Remix is a well known and one of the most used custom ROMs, available for a number of Android devices around. The ROM has made its way to the Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082 as well now based on the unofficial Android 4.4.2 KitKat having a little taste from a number of other custom ROMs e.g CM, AOKP, Omni, Slim PA etc. Galaxy Grand originally runs on Android 4.1.2 out of the box, and the device received only Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update so far, there hasn’t been any official word by Samsung about any further updates of this device, so the Grand Duos owners who have been sitting in disappointment or who are tired of the stock Android 4.1.2 or 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, it’s a good chance for em’ to get their hands on the latest and greatest version of Android, but it’s unofficial.
So, in the following post we are going to install Resurrection Remix ROM on the Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082. The only thing you should keep in mind is, you may proceed with the custom ROM installation if you’re familiar with these ROMs and also if you know how to handle these ROMs on your Android device. These ROMs are not official or linked with the manufacturers in any way, there are high chances of bugs that you may face later on. Make sure that whatever you are going to do, you are doing it at your own risk.
Let’s first get introduced with the Resurrection Remix ROM:
Resurrection Remix ROM has been based on AOKP, CM, Omni, Slim, PA and original Remix ROM builds, creating an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your device
We will also be having a look on the features that the Resurrection Remix ROM is offering for the Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082:
- This ROM is only for Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082. Do not try this on any other device, please check your device’s model in Settings > About Device > Model.
- It is advised that you migrate from a CM 11 based ROM in order to achieve the best results from Resurrection Remix. Follow our guide here to install CM 11 on based custom ROM on your Galaxy Grand.
- Your device must have a custom recovery installed, in case you’re missing it you may Follow our full guide here to install CWM.
- Your device’s battery should be charged at least over 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues during the flashing process.
- Make sure that you backup your important media content, Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. This is highly recommended just in case something goes wrong and you need to reset your phone.
- If you already have rooted your device, use Titanium Backup to back up all your important apps + system data. Also if you are using a custom recovery, it is recommended that you backup your current system using that first. [Just for the sake of safety]. Here’s our full Nandroid Backup guide.
- You will have to go through Data Wipes during installation of this ROM, so make sure that you have backed up all the mentioned data.
- Make EFS backup of your phone before you flash this ROM.
- You need enough confidence to flash this ROM on your Galaxy Grand Duos.
- Alright! Go ahead and flash the custom firmware, follow this guide to the letter.
|Disclaimer: The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is SAMSUNG in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.|
How to Install Resurrection Remix Android 4.4.2 KitKat on Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos:
- Download Resurrection Remix 5.1.0 Android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM .zip file.
- Download Google Gapps for Android 4.4.2 KitKat .zip file.
- Connect your phone to your PC now.
- Copy both the .zip files to the storage of your phone.
- Now disconnect your phone and turn it off complete.
- Boot into CWM recovery now, in order to do so, turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key. You should see the recovery mode in a while.
- Now in CWM recovery, wipe cache, factory data reset and advanced options > dalvik cache.
- After wiping all these three, select “Install” option.
- Now select “Install > Choose Zip from SD card > Select Resurrection Remix.zip file > Yes”.
- This will flash the ROM in your phone.
- Once again in CWM select “Install > Choose zip from SD card > Google Gapps.zip file > Yes”.
- This will flash Gapps in your phone.
- Reboot your device.
- You should see the Resurrection Remix ROM running on your device in a while.
- That’s all!
First boot may take up to 10 minutes, you may not worry if it’s taking that much long. In case it’s taking too long, you may boot into CWM recovery and wipe cache and dalvik cache and reboot your device as it may fix the issue. In case your device is having issues, you may return to your old system using the Nandroid backup or follow our guide here to install stock firmware.
In case you got any issues or you face any difficulties regarding this post, please feel free to stop by the comment box below and let us know. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you all.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Latest Odin 3.12.4/Odin 3.12.5 for Samsung - April 27, 2017
- How to Install TWRP Recovery using Fastboot on Android - April 27, 2017
- How to Sync Contacts with Gmail Account on Android - April 27, 2017