Samsung Galaxy A3 is another mid-range device from Samsung, which hasn’t been be released in the market. However, the firmware for this device is already online, only for the Chinese variant, which is not quite a surprise given that China will hold the very first marker where this device will be on sale. For all the other regions, they’ll have to wait for at-least till the devices are available in the market. The Samsung Galaxy A3 has some decent specs like, Snapdragon Qualcomm 410 chipset, clocked at 1.2GHz, Adreno 306 GPU, 1GB of RAM with 16GB of internal memory, 8MP of rear camera with 5MP of front cam with 4.5-inch Screen size showing resolution of 540 x 960 resolution running Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat out of the box.
While the rest of the world is still waiting for this device,we are here providing you the update of this device all thanks to SamMobile, the same case happened with LG G3, where the world was waiting for the device to be released, at XDA the rooting method was already available. Now, I am not going to say that if you own this device, cause in simple words you just can’t, at-least not now.But still since the update is available and it is our job to bring it for you. Samsung has Samsung Kies to Update the device if you can’t get it directly on your device. Must Know, that you need to be on the Official Firmware to get this update. This update can be download via Samsung Kies, but the case is different here besides, my experience with Samsung Kies is way too bad, you can just check the OTA update, it will be there. But if it’s not, we have an even simple solution for you, download and flash it manually. Manual Installation is great, if you coming from a Custom ROM and possibly the only way to get back to Official ROM.
We are going to install official Android 4.4.4 KtiKat firmware on our beloved Galaxy A3 using Odin3 in the following post. While this is an official firmware, you don’t really need to worry about anything. All you have to do is, you need to follow the instructions carefully and get it done flawlessly. Let’s go through the early preparations and then flash this firmware.
1. This guide is only for Galaxy A3 SM-A3000!
Make sure that your device is exactly as mentioned above. To check out what device you have, go to Settings > More/General > About Device or Settings > About Device and match the model number. Be careful about the device model number, flashing a file on a device not listed here might result in bricking it up. In that case, we may not be held responsible.
2. Battery should be charged at least 60%!
Your device’s battery shouldn’t be weak. In case your device goes dead during the flashing process, your device may get soft bricked and you might be in need of flashing stock firmware and that will ultimately result in wiping up your data as well. So, make sure that you charge your device before you start the flashing process.
3. Use the OEM data-cable to establish connection!
Always use the original data cable to establish connection between your Android device and your computer / laptop. Using ordinary data cables might interrupt the flashing process, so to avoid any mishap, you need to meet this requirement as well.
4. Backup everything!
Just to be on the safe side, you may consider backing up each and everything from your Android device. This is highly recommended so that in case anything goes wrong, you still have the access to all of your data and you can restore it immediately. Also, clean install is always recommended, that means you will probably have to wipe your device to install the new firmware. So, you may backup everything as listed below.
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Backup EFS
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – If CWM or TWRP installed previously.
5. Turn off Samsung Kies and other softwares while using Odin3!
Make sure that you turn off Samsung Kies while using Odin3 flashtool. Samsung Kies will interrupt Odin3 and will result in causing errors and may not let you flash your desired firmware. Also, make sure that you turn off any antivirus software you’ve installed and also disable firewall to avoid any connection and flashing issues.
How To Install Official Android 4.4.4 KitKat On Galaxy A3!
- Download and extract Odin3 v3.09.
- Download and Install Samsung USB drivers .
- Download and extract firmware file: Link
- Wipe your device complete in order to attain a neat installation.
- Open Odin3.exe.
- Put your Galaxy A3 in download mode. To do so, turn it off and wait for 10 seconds. Turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key simultaneously, You should see a warning, press Volume Up to continue. In case this method doesn’t work for you, try one from this guide.
- Connect your device to your PC.
- As soon as Odin detects your phone, the ID:COM box should turn blue. Make sure that you’ve installed Samsung USB drivers before connecting.
- For Odin 3.09 hit the AP tab. Select the firmware.tar.md5 or firmware.tar, that you downloaded and extracted above.
- If you’re using Odin 3.07, you will select “PDA” tab instead of the AP tab, rest of the options remain untouched.
- Make sure that the options selected in your Odin are exactly as shown in the pic.
- Hit start and wait till the firmware flashing is complete, as soon as your device restarts, remove it from PC.
- Wait for your device to reboot, as soon as it reboots check out the new firmware!
- That’s all!
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016