The OnePlus One has indeed been an amazing Android device so far. It’s the best bank for the buck smartphone you can get right now! Cyanogen is going to release CM 12S for OnePlus One on 30th March, and OnePlus is going to release its OxygenOS on March 27th. These both Official ROMs will be running Android 5.0, Lollipop, maybe even 5.1. But for those of you all who want to taste the latest and greatest Android 5.1, Lollipop on your OnePlus One right now, then this guide is specifically made for you! An XDA Member released an Unofficial version of the great Omni ROM series, which brings Android 5.1, Lollipop to the beloved OnePlus One. Follow the given steps to acquire the latest Android 5.1 Update on your OnePlus One!
- A OnePlus One with a Unlocked Bootloader.
- Rooted, and packed up with a Custom Recovery, like TWRP or CWM.
- Omni ROM. Download.
- GApps. Download.
- USB Data Cable
- Download the given package (ROM File) onto your PC using the given link above.
- Now, transfer it onto your OnePlus One using the USB Data Cable. Also transfer the GApps if you need them too.
- Switch Off your OnePlus One.
- Enter Recovery Mode. (Press Volume Down + Power simultaneously)
- Wipe user data, and also factory reset the device.
- Now, navigate and install the Omni ROM file that you downloaded earlier.
- If you need GApps, install that too.
- Now, tap on Clear Cache, and confirm it. Do the same with Dalvik Cache too.
- Go ahead and reboot your OnePlus One.
Good going! Now you have the latest Android 5.1, Lollipop installed on your OnePlus One! Note that this is an unofficial ROM, and is also a beta release, so you might encounter some bugs. If you encountered any problems while flashing, or if you’re stuck in a boot loop, make sure your OnePlus One is fully rooted, with an unlocked bootloader, and a Custom Recovery installed. If you still have questions regarding this guide, feel free to leave a comment below!
Credit goes to Senior XDA Developer ‘eagleeyetom‘
Current Devices : OnePlus One, Samsung Galaxy S2, Micromax Canvas HD, Samsung Galaxy Ace
Latest posts by Adnan Ahmed (see all)
- How To Install Android 7.0 Nougat On Google Nexus Devices - August 23, 2016
- 6 best things about Android 7.0 Nougat - August 23, 2016
- Here’s the best Tech you can get under 1 Dollar - July 3, 2016