The OnePlus One has finally received the Android 5.0 Lollipop Official Firmware and thanks to the official Forum of OnePlus community, for providing us the Installation tutorial along with the download link of their official ROM. The ROM is in its alpha condition, so there are some bugs and problems, which are being fixed. The Camera video might be a little disturbing when recording at 4K resolution. Don’t enable the soft keys otherwise the capacitive keys won’t turn off.
The App pining feature of Android L, if used without enabling the Soft keys first, you will need to reboot your device otherwise it won’t work. The Clock might crash periodically, so you might need to use a 3rd party Clock to set-up alarm or other stuff. If you are interested in Other ROMs, you can Visit our Custom ROMs section or you can install this ROM on your OnePlus One by following our tutorial below.
- This is only for OnePlus One!
- Battery should be charged at least over 60%
- Flash a Custom Recovery
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – If CWM or TWRP installed previously, otherwise skip this step and perform this at the end of flashing.
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
How To Install Android 5.0 Lollipop on OnePlus One:
- Connect your device with PC.
- Copy and Paste the Above zip files to the root of your sdcard.
- Open Recovery mode. How?
- Connect your device with PC
- Open Command Prompt in Fastboot folder.
- Now Type: adb reboot bootloader
- Choose Recovery from Bootloader
- Tap On Back-Up and Select System and Data
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider
- Tap on Wipe Button and Select Cache, System, Data.
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
- Go back to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the Oneplus_community.zip,Gapps.zip, Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Once the Installation is Over, you will be promoted to Reboot System Now
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
First Boot might take up-to 5-minutes, so let your device rest for 5-minutes as you do something else.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016