Mahdi-ROM, well in my opinion, one of the best ROMs I have ever tried, I used it on Nexus 5, I used it on Galaxy S4, and it worked flawlessly, without any problem and bugs, Customization is on the Peak in this ROM, you can Customize almost everything in it. From the Navigation buttons to the Animations of ROM. Memory Performance of this ROM is amazing,even on Galaxy S4, I had more than 60% of RAM free almost all the times, whether I am playing a game or using Chrome or other apps. This ROM is a great combination of OmniROM, Slim ROM, Chameleon OS, CyanogenMod and Paranoid Android. If you try this ROM, you won’t have any problem at all, and even you’ll be able to find one, it won’t matter at all.
The ROM is based on Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat, Pre-Rooted, so you won’t have to root it again and even best, this ROM is available for the Flagship killer of 2104, OnePlus One, the most downloaded ROM on XDA Forums for OnePlus One.If you are interested in Other ROMs, you can Visit our Custom ROMs section or you can install this ROM on your OnePlus One by following our tutorial below. This is not an official release from anyone but a Custom ROM, you need to install a Custom Recovery on your device to install this and also your device must be rooted.Let’s go through the ROM features and early preparations and then flash this ROM.
This is only for OnePlus One
This custom ROM is only for the device mentioned above. Make sure that your model number matches the one listed above. To do so, go to Settings > About Device on your device and see your model number. Flashing this ROM on any other device will result in bricking it so make sure that you meet this requirement first of all.
Battery should be charged at least over 60%
Make sure that your battery is charged enough to complete the flashing process. In case your battery is low and your device goes dead during the flashing process, you may end up soft bricking your device as it won’t complete the flashing process.
Flash a Custom Recovery
4. Backup everything!
Just to be on the safe side, you may consider backing up each and everything from your Android device. This is highly recommended so that in case anything goes wrong, you still have the access to all of your data and you can restore it immediately. You may backup everything as listed below.
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – If CWM or TWRP installed previously, otherwise skip this step and perform this at the end of flashing.
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is OnePlus One in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat Mahdi-ROM: Link
Google Apps: Link
- Connect your device with PC.
- Copy and Paste the Above zip files to the root of your sdcard.
- Disconnect the cable.
- Turn Off your Device
- Open Recovery mode. How?
- Connect your device with PC
- Open Command Prompt in Fastboot folder.
- Now Type: adb reboot bootloader
- Choose Recovery from Bootloader
- Tap On Back-Up and Select System and Data
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider
- Tap on Wipe Button and Select Cache, System, Data.
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
- Go back to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the Mahdi-ROM.zip, Google Apps.zip,Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Do a Factory Reset In the Aroma Installer, and After choosing the Options Continue
- Once the Installation is Over, you will be promoted to Reboot System Now
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
First Boot might take up-to 5-minutes, so let your device rest for 5-minutes as you do something else.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016