It’s been a month since the OnePlus 3 is out. The OnePlus 3 has already been rooted, got a custom recovery (TWRP) and the tweaks have already started pouring in. OnePlus 3’s OS is pretty close to stock Android, but if you still wish to unleash the true power of your phone equipped with a whopping 6 GB RAM, you may checkout the CyanogenMod 13. You heard it right, the CM 13 custom ROM based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow is already out for the all new OnePlus 3.
CyanogenMod 13 for the OnePlus 3 is already in its beta stage. It may contain a number of bugs, but if you’re an Android power user then it shouldn’t really matter to you. We are not certain if you will be able to keep this ROM as your daily driver or not, but keeping in view the top of the line specifications of this latest flagship by the Chinese manufacturer, it’s definitely a good idea to checkout what potential it has got. We’ve put together the method to update OnePlus 3 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow CyanogenMod 13 custom ROM in the post going down. Let’s have a look on some early preparations and start flashing this ROM.
- This guide is intended for OnePlus 3 [all variants]. Do not try this on any other phone or else you may result in bricking it.
- Charge your phone up to 50% to avoid power issues during ROM installation process.
- Backup your important contacts, call logs and sms messages. Also copy your media content to your computer.
- Unlock the bootloader of your OnePlus 3, install TWRP custom recovery and root it as well. Here’s the guide to do so.
- Create a Nandroid backup of your phone using a custom recovery.
- Follow this guide to the letter to avoid any mishap.
Disclaimer: Proceed at your own risk. These procedures of flashing custom ROMs are not recommended by OEMs. In case of a mishap, TechBeasts or the device manufacturer may not be held responsible.
How to Update OnePlus 3 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow CyanogenMod 13
- Make sure that your phone has a TWRP recovery with bootloader unlocked at this point.
- Download latest cm-13.0-20160703-UNOFFICIAL-oneplus3.zip file and copy it to your phone’s internal storage.
- Download ARM 64 Gapps.zip file according to your choice. Copy this file to your phone’s internal storage as well.
- Now boot your phone into TWRP recovery. To boot into TWRP recovery, first turn off your phone completely. Now press and hold Volume Down + Power Key to turn on your OnePlus 3. As soon as your phone’s screen turns on, leave the Power Key and keep the Volume Down Key pressed. Your device will now boot into TWRP recovery mode.
- Once you’re in TWRP recovery, tap “Install > Locate the ROM.zip file > flash it”.
- After flashing the ROM, get back to the main menu in TWRP recovery and once again tap “Install > Locate and select the Gapps.zip file > flash it”.
- Now from the main menu in TWRP recovery, tap “Reboot > System”.
- Your phone will now reboot into CyanogenMod 13 custom ROM.
That’s all. I hope that this method worked right for you. In case you’ve got any issues while flashing the ROM, reach us out through the comment box below.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Google GApps for Android 5.1.x Lollipop [All ROMs] - March 24, 2017
- How to fix Super Mario Run Error 804-5100 - March 24, 2017
- Fix Galaxy S7/S7 Edge issues after Nougat update - March 24, 2017