Android 5.1 Lollipop is being released for a lot of Android devices, even the Xperia Z has received the update of Lollipop just 2 days ago, however, not every device have received it in the form of OTA, mostly are running the Custom ROMs based on Lollipop and AOSP sources. Nivida Shield was announced in 2014 July and made quite an impact in the Tablet world, despite it doesn’t run the GSM connectivity only Wi-Fi and LTE is supported. It was planned to receive the update of Android 5.0.1 Lollipop and now the OTA file of Android 5.1 is available for this device, not much of changes has been done, but still it is the latest version and everyone wants to update it.
The performance, as always, has been improved and responsiveness is improved. Quick Setting Menu along with the Profile menu has been improved. Display Performance has been optimized. The Shield Controller has also received the new firmware update. Overall improvement has been done to Camera, Audio, LTE and other things. XDA Member gavin-phelan, has mirrored the OTA file and has also given the Requirements to install this update on your device,which we are about to share with you right after the break.
- This is only for Nvidia Tablet (Wi-Fi & LTE)!
- Battery should be charged at least over 60%
- Flash a Custom Recovery and Root Your device
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – If CWM or TWRP installed previously, otherwise skip this step and perform this at the end of flashing
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is Nvidia in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
Android 5.1 Lollipop Wi-Fi: Link
Android 5.1 Lollipop LTE: Link
How to Install Android 5.1 OTA:
- Connect your device with PC.
- Copy and Paste the Above zip files to the root of your sdcard.
- Open Recovery mode. How?
- Connect your device with PC
- Open Command Prompt in Fastboot folder.
- Now Type: adb reboot bootloader
- Choose Recovery from Bootloader
- Tap On Back-Up and Select System and Data
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider
- Tap on Wipe Button and Select Cache, System, Data (unless you are coming from another ROM)
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
- Go back to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the Android 5.1 OTA.zip and Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Once the Installation is Over, you will be promoted to Reboot System Now
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
The First boot might take up-to 5 minutes, so please be patient.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016