Samsung has been recently killing the whole market sale with its amazing and flawless devices. The recent launch of the Samsung Galaxy S6 was so breath taking, that we fellow Android users almost forgot about the previous flagships. Some of the Android devices like the Samsung Galaxy S2, the HTC One X, the Samsung Galaxy S3, and in this case, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 haven’t even received the Android Lollipop update yet, and they probably won’t. If you happen to be a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 user, and really want to taste the latest and greatest Android version of all time, which is Android 5.0, then this guide is specifically made for you! Make sure that you have the exact same model of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 as the N7100. If you happen to own a different variant of the same device, then please do not follow this guide! This guide is strictly restricted to Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 only. If you flash the given ROM file on any other device than the N7100 variant of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2, you might brick your device! So, proceed with caution!
Let us start with the basic requirements you need to install this OmniROM on your Note 2.
- A rooted Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100.
- A Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with a Custom Recovery Installed. Follow our Guides to install CWM by clicking here, and to install TWRP, click here.
- OmniROM. Download.
- Official GApps. Download.
- Make sure that your Note 2’s battery is charged atleast upto 60% to prevent any abrupt shutdowns in between the process.
- You need to backup each and everything before you proceed. Use the following links to be on the safe side.
- Check if you’re Note 2’s model number is exactly same as N7100. To verify, navigate to Settings>About Phone and check for the Model Number!
- Download the OmniROM package from above.
- Download the GApps file for Android 5.0, Lollipop.
- Connect your Note 2 to your PC now.
- Transfer both of these .ZIP files onto your Note 2’s internal memory.
- Now disconnect your Note 2 and turn it off.
- Boot into TWRP recovery now, in order to do so, turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key. You should see the recovery mode in a while.
- Now in TWRP recovery, wipe cache, factory data reset and in advanced options > dalvik cache.
- After wiping all of these three options, select the “Install” option.
- Now select “Install > Choose Zip from SD card > Select public-omni…file.zip > Yes”.
- This will flash the ROM in your phone, once done get back to the main menu in recovery.
- Now once again select “Install > Choose Zip from SD card > Select Gapps.zip file > Yes”
- This will flash the Gapps in your phone.
- Reboot your device.
- You should see the Android 5.0.1 Lollipop running on your device in a while.
- Great! Now you have the latest and sweetest version of Android installed on your Note 2 now!
Current Devices : OnePlus One, Samsung Galaxy S2, Micromax Canvas HD, Samsung Galaxy Ace
Latest posts by Adnan Ahmed (see all)
- How To Install Android 7.0 Nougat On Google Nexus Devices - August 23, 2016
- 6 best things about Android 7.0 Nougat - August 23, 2016
- Here’s the best Tech you can get under 1 Dollar - July 3, 2016