Previously we have seen this update on Nexus 7 and Nexus 10, not to mention Nexus 4 and Nexus 5 has already received this update quite a time ago, whether in the form of Factory Images or the OTA zip file, but they got it somehow. Nexus 9 users were still waiting for the update to arrive, the custom ROMs based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop are available, but still it feels good that your device is still being supported by the authority. The update is not as big as expected and thanks to XDA member oldblue910 for extracting and mirroring the ROM.
The update doesn’t bring any reasonable change, but some under the hood changes are made to make the ROM works perfect and some bugs and performance issues are solved in it. If you are looking for a way to update your Nexus 9 to Stock latest update, this is your chance, get it while it is hot.However, the update is only for the Wi-Fi variant, LTE users have to wait a litt mote.In this article, we will show you How to Update Nexus 9 Wi-Fi to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OTA Update, without further ado, let us continue.
- This is only for Nexus 9 Wi-Fi!
- Battery should be charged at least over 60%
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – If CWM or TWRP installed previously, otherwise skip this step and perform this at the end of flashing
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility
Android 5.1.1 LMY47X OTA update: Link
How to Update Nexus 9:
- Copy the Zip file to adb folder and rename it to update.zip
- Configure Fastboot/ADB on your device, How? How to Install Android Adb & Fastboot Drivers on Your Windows PC [Guide]
- Boot into Recovery.
- Navigate to Apply Update from ADB
- Now Connect your device with PC.
- Open Command Prompt in Adb folder.
- Now Select the Apply Update from ADB using power button.
- Type the follwing: adb sidelaod update.zip
- After the process is over, type: adb reboot, or let it reboot automatically.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016