Well its about time, that one of the old Nexus devices has received the Official Images of Android 5.0.2 Lollipop, where most of the other devices has already received this version via OTA update. But that is not the topic here, the good news is that both the Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 Wi-Fi has received the Official Images of Android 5.0.2 Lollipop, although the 2012 version of Nexus 7 received it quite a month ago, where the Nexus 7 2013 Mobile version is still in line for the Official update of Android 5.0 Lollipop, so users who owns it have to wait for a month more or so for this update.
These are the Factory images, especially for those, who haven’t received the OTA update and looking for a way to update their device without using the Custom ROM. The OTA will be out in lesser time, you can either wait or you can flash these official images and test the Firmware on your device. All you need is to either have a little info about the CMD Commanding, which is quite easy or you can pay a little more attention towards the tutorial, so in the end you won’t blame us for messing your device. Without further ado, let’s continue towards the necessary preparations and Installation Tutorial.
- This is only for Nexus 7!
- Battery should be charged at least over 60%
- Unlock Bootloader Of Your Device.
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – If CWM or TWRP installed previously, otherwise skip this step and perform this at the end of flashing
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is Google in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility
Factory Image for Nexus 7 2013 : Link
Factory Image for Nexus 7 2012: Link
Configure Fastboot and SDK: Link
How To Install Android 5.0.2 Lollipop Factory Images:
- Download and Extract the Firmware.
- Copy the Files to Fastboot folder.
- Connect your device with PC.
- Open Command prompt in the fastboot folder, How? Hold Shift Key and Right Click anywhere in the Folder.
- Now Type and Execute these commands:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-grouper-4.23.img (for Nexus 7 2012)
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-flo-flo-04.04.img (For Nexus 7 2013)
fastboot reboot bootloader
fastboot -w update image-nakasi-lrx22g.zip (For Nexus 7 2012)
fastboot -w update image-razor-lrx22g.zip (For Nexus 7 2013)
After the Flashing, your device will reboot automatically, thus giving you the latest version of Lollipop.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Download Clash Of Clans .Apk For Free - March 31, 2017
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016