The Lollipop OTA update has been released for other devices quite a time ago, almost all the Nexus devices have received the OTA update of Android 5.0.2 Lollipop, the only devices left were the Nexus 7 Mobile versions, both 2012 and 2013. Today thanks to XDA community, we have he zip files of the OTA updates. For those who have already updated their device, do let us know about your thoughts below, however, those who hasn’t received it yet, and has the device still on the Stock level, better get ready to update their device, however, those who have installed any sort of of Custom ROM on their device, must flash the Factory Images to update.
The update is of 312MB and can be flashed using the Stock Recovery, but you have to be on the Stock ROM along with an unlocked Bootloader. Make Sure to back-up your data, otherwise if anything happens to your device or data, you will be able to restore it afterwards. Without further ado, let us continue towards the Back-up links along with the installation tutorial.
- Charge your Battery to 60% or more.
- This guide is only for Nexus 7 2013/ Nexus 7
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – If CWM or TWRP installed previously.
OTA Update Nexus 7 2013: Link
OTA Update Nexus 7 3G: Link
How to Update Nexus 7:
- Download the zip file and rename it to OTA.zip
- Connect your device with PC.
- Open Command Prompt on Fastboot folder and type: adb reboot recovery
- You are in Recovery mode.
- Scroll down and Select, apple update from Sd Card
- Choose the OTA.Zip file and confirm the Installation
- The Process will start and once it is over, your device will be running Android 5.0 Lollipop.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Download Clash Of Clans .Apk For Free - March 31, 2017
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016