The roll-out of Android 5.1 Lollipop for Nexus devices is getting heat-up, yesterday we saw the Nexus 4 getting the update of Android 5.1 Lollipop and now we have Nexus 7 2013 LTE variant being update to Android 5.1 Lollipop via the OTA update. Since OTA updates has their own schedules, they take some reasonable time to reach everyone, those who gets it are happy and those who are still waiting for it, finds some other ways to update their device. If you are among the ones who have already received it, be sure to let us know about your thoughts on this update, but if you are among those who are still waiting for the update, we have a solution for them as well. Since the XDA member zlogic42, has mirrored the Zip file and we are showing you how to update your device.
The update is of 202MB and can be installed on a totally Stock Nexus 7 2013 LTE, however, if you have a customized Nexus 7, then you must first use the factory images to bring the device back to stock, then use the stock recovery to install this OTA on your device. For all other Nexus 7 2012 or 2013 Wi-Fi users, they might have to wait a little bit more for the update.In this article, we will show you How to Update Nexus 7 2013 to Android 5.1 Lollipop OTA Update, without further ado, let us continue.
- This is only for Nexus 7 2013 LTE!
- Battery should be charged at least over 60%
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – If CWM or TWRP installed previously, otherwise skip this step and perform this at the end of flashing
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility
Android 5.1 LMY47O OTA update: Link
How to Update Nexus 7:
- Copy the Zip file to adb folder and rename it to update.zip
- Configure Fastboot/ADB on your device, How? How to Install Android Adb & Fastboot Drivers on Your Windows PC [Guide]
- Boot into Recovery.
- Navigate to Apply Update from ADB
- Now Connect your device with PC.
- Open Command Prompt in Adb folder.
- Now Select the Apply Update from ADB using power button.
- Type the follwing: adb sidelaod update.zip
- After the process is over, type: adb reboot, or let it reboot automatically.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016