Well, Nexus 7 2013 being the upgraded device, received the update of Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat and now, next in line is the Nexus 7 2012 to receive the update. OTA update is being spread throughout the world, but it will take time to reach everyone, especially those regions which are neglected in almost every way. Good thing is that they always release the Factory image of the latest Android versions for all the Nexus devices, or those which are compatible with such Android versions. Nexus 7 2012 is also compatible and we will show you how to install it manually.
But here are the things you need to consider before proceeding further:
- Your Device must be completely Stock.
- Bootloader Must be Unlocked.
- Double Check the Android Build your are running.
- Android SDK must be installed.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode
- Download and Install The USB Drivers
The method is involved in flashing ROMs, rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking of your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is LGE in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
Also See: Install Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat On Nexus 5
- Download and extract all the files to Android SDK/Platform Tools.
- Switch Off your device.
- Now go to Bootloader/Fastboot mode, Press and hold Power + Volume Down Buttons till you see some text on-screen –
- Once the Menu is loaded, connect your device with PC.
- From the Fastboot directory, run the following according to your OS:
- On Windows: Run the file “flash-all.bat”.
- On Mac: Run the file “flash-all.sh” using Terminal.
- On Linux: Run the file “flash-all.sh”.
- Once the process is done and update is installed. Highlight Reboot System now and Enjoy the Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016