We have covered Android 4.4.3 Kit-Kat on almost all of the Nexus devices which are compatible with Android 4.4.3. Surprisingly, the Google released the Kit-Kat update right after Android 4.3 Jelly Bean as we were all expecting the Android 5.0 update after Android 4.4.3 in the Jelly Bean Series, but here we are with Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat and who knows this might be the last one from Kit-Kat series.
As usual, the Nexus devices are the one to take the lead and we will show you exactly, how to update your Nexus 5 to Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat, since this is the fresh release, OTA update will take a lot of time to reach everyone. So, following is the easy way one can install it, manually and enjoy it while others wait for the OTA update.
But here are the things you need to consider before proceeding further:
- Your Device must be completely Stock.
- Bootloader Must be Unlocked.
- Double Check the Android Build your are running.
- Android SDK must be installed.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode
- Download and Install The USB Drivers
The method is involved in flashing ROMs, rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking of your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is LGE in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
Also See: Install Android 4.4.3 Kit-Kat On Nexus 5
- Download and extract all the files to Android SDK/Platform Tools.
- Switch Off your device.
- Now go to Bootloader/Fastboot mode, Press and hold Power + Volume Down Buttons till you see some text on-screen –
- Once the Menu is loaded, connect your device with PC.
- From the Fastboot directory, run the following according to your OS:
- On Windows: Run the file “flash-all.bat”.
- On Mac: Run the file “flash-all.sh” using Terminal.
- On Linux: Run the file “flash-all.sh”.
- Once the process is done and update is installed. Highlight Reboot System now and Enjoy the Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016