Despite that Nexus 4 received the update of Android 4.3, well not in every region, still people are looking for custom ROMs based on android 4.3 for Nexus 4. If you are among that class,we got a good news for you and If you are among those who are still waiting for Android 4.3 update for your Nexus 4 , we got a good news for you too. AOKP has released a custom ROM for Nexus 4, based on Android 4.3.
Nexus 4 can now be updated to AOKP Nightly Android 4.3 Jelly Bean custom firmware. But before we begin make sure to Backup all your data placed on your phone’s internal storage, contacts, call logs and messages. This is necessary as if something go wrong during the process, so you will be able to restore it afterwards.
- Your Device must be rooted.
- CWM recovery must be installed on your device.
- Make sure that battery level is at 85% or more.
- This tutorial is only for Nexus 4.
How To Update Nexus 4 to AOKP Nightly Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Custom Firmware.
- Download the ROM file but don’t extract it.
- Connect Nexus 4 to PC.
- Copy and Paste the downloaded file to the root of your sd card.
- Disconnect the cable.
- Turn off your tablet.
- Now go to Bootloader mode, Press and hold Volume Down + Power buttons till you see some text on-screen.
- Choose Recovery from Bootloader.
- First Choose ‘Wipe Cache’.
- Then Navigate to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Devlik Wipe Cache’ so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Then finally select ‘Wipe Data/Factory Reset’.
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ then select ‘choose zip from sd card’.
- Select the downloaded file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Wait for the process to over, then select “reboot system now’.
Voila! your Nexus 4 has been updated to Android 4.3 AOKP Nightly Jelly Bean Custom ROM, Wait for at least 5-minutes for the first run.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016