We have seen Android 5.1 Lollipop for Nexus 4 quite a time ago, although, it was not an official update but extracted from another Nexus device. Now that every other device is being updated to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop, Google, as always, wanted to go ahead and bring the latest firmware for one of its quite accomplished flagship device, Nexus 4. Previously the Android 5.0 and Android 5.0.2 Lollipop has been extracted for this device and the situation hasn’t changed, not even a little bit. The Android 5.1 lollipop LMY47O official update has been rolled-out for Nexus 4 and thanks to XDA member, oldblue910, we are providing you, not only the downloading link, but also the tutorial to flash this OTA on your device.
However, you’ll need the stock recovery along with the stock firmware running on your Nexus 4, if you have installed a custom ROM and has root your device, along with the custom recovery, then you’ll need to revert back to the stock or official firmware along with all the other things back to stock in order to update your device to this OTA update. In this article, we will show you How to Update Nexus 4 to Android 5.1 Lollipop OTA Update, without further ado, let us continue.
- This is only for Nexus 4!
- Battery should be charged at least over 60%
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – If CWM or TWRP installed previously, otherwise skip this step and perform this at the end of flashing
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is LGE in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility
Android 5.1 LMY47O OTA update: Link
How to Update Nexus 4:
- Copy the Zip file to adb folder and rename it to update.zip
- Configure Fastboot/ADB on your device, How? How to Install Android Adb & Fastboot Drivers on Your Windows PC [Guide]
- Boot into Recovery.
- Navigate to Apply Update from ADB
- Now Connect your device with PC.
- Open Command Prompt in Adb folder.
- Now Select the Apply Update from ADB using power button.
- Type the follwing: adb sidelaod update.zip
- After the process is over, type: adb reboot, or let it reboot automatically.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016