OmniROM is filled with many features from Samsung devices, including the most demanded one, Multi-Window, it is considered as one of the best ROMs available out there. No matter on which device you install it, OmniROM is sure to give it a whole new life and fo you a whole new experience. Other features include Quick Settings flipping tiles, screen recording, GUI translucency. Aroma installer has been ported to give you an easy and reliable installing experience, which is actually far better than the stock installation, where you have no idea what is going on, until everything is over. Screen Recording has also been ported in the ROM, which is really one of my favorite.If you are interested in other ROMs, you can visit our Custom ROM section Or You can update your Nexus 10 to OmniROM Android 4.4.2 by following our Tutorial.This is not an official release from a Samsung/Google, but a Custom ROM, you need to install a Custom Recovery on your device to install it and also your device must be rooted.
But why would anyone goes for a Custom ROM instead of staying on the Stock On, allow me to explain. “Stock and Official ROMs are good, but they are created with keeping in mind the demands of all,some want performance and some wants speed, some want looks, some want features. Putting them all in one ROM can cause Lag, Performance issues and bugs. But Custom ROM in basically designed for either Looks or Performance and Custom ROM gives speed and great performance with Tweaks and System Tools.”
In this Article, we will show you How To Install OmniROM Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat On Nexus 10.But before we begin, Make sure:
- That you have a Well Charged Battery, 60%-80% is better.
- Back-Up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
- Back-Up your Mobiles EFS Data.
- Check your device model, Go To Setting > About and Make sure that it is P8110.
- Do-not try it on On Any other device.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode
- Download USB Driver For LG Devices: Link
The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device,and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is LG in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility
Here you will find the Step-by-Step Guide On How To Install OmniROM Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat On Nexus 10. But let me remind you again, ClockworkMod Recovery(Older Version) is not recommended when it comes to installing this ROM, Only latest versions of TWRP and CWM Touch Recovery for the Device is supported without bugs. So, if you are using an Old CWM Recovery or TWRP on your device Upgrade it to the Latest version, if you want to go with older version, you are on your own. We are warning you that if you used and Older Recovery and Brick your device, We will not be responsible for anything
MD5 Check (Important)
Since the developer himself state to check the MD5, so it is our job to make sure that you people should check it or your device might get brick due to KK Baseband being flashed.
Follow: How To Check MD5
How To Install It.
- Connect your device with PC.
- Copy and Paste the Above zip files to the root of your sdcard.
- Disconnect the cable.
- Turn Off your Device
- Now go to Bootloader/Fastboot mode, Press and hold Power + Volume Down Buttons till you see some text on-screen.
- From Bootloader, choose Recovery.
CWM/PhilZ Touch Recovery Users.
- First Back-up the Current ROM.
- Navigate to Back-up and Restore and Follow the On-Screen Instructions.
- Once the Back-up is done, proceed Below
- First Choose ‘Wipe Cache’.
- Then Navigate to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Devlik Wipe Cache’ so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Then Finally Choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ another windows will open in front of you.
- Select ‘choose zip from sd card’ from the Options.
- Select the Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat.zip OmniROM file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- After the Installation, go back and Flash Google Apps.zip.
- Once the Installation is Over, Select +++++Go Back+++++.
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
Back-Up your Current ROM(Optional But Recomended)
- First Tap Back-up and Select System and Data.
- Swipe the Slider To Start the Back-up.
- Once the Process is over, Proceed Below
- Tap on Wipe Button and Select Cache, System, Data.
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
- Go back to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the Android 4.4.2Kit-Kat Omni ROM and Google Apps.zip , Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Once the Installation is Over, you will promoted to Reboot System Now
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
That is it, After a Successful reboot, your Nexus 10 will be running Android 4.4.2 KitKat OmniROM . Wait for At-least 5-minutes for the First run, then go to Settings > About to Verify.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016