Google and Motorola partneredshipped and manufactured some pretty awesome Android mobile devices. The original Motorola Moto G was the best Android smartphone that you could get for an economical price. Although it doesn’t seem to boast much about its internal specifications and build-quality, Moto G managed to reach an achievement of one of the most sold phones of the year 2014. Recently, Google and Motorola announced the Android 5.1 Lollipop Update for its second-generation of these already existing variants. But there’s more. If you happen to own the previous variant of the Motorola Moto G2, which is the Moto G Google Play Edition(1st generation), then you might be happy to know that it received an official Android 5.1, Lollipop update. The build number of the update is LMY47M. Please note that this update is only for the Google Play Edition variant of the device. If you happen to own the Motorola Moto G, and really want to upgrade your Android firmware to Lollipop, 5.1, then follow this simple guide.
- Make sure your Motorola Moto G Google Play Edition is running Stock Android 4.4.x, in-order to perform a fully-functional system update.
- Make sure that your PC has proper Read/Write permissions set for your device.
- Also make sure that you have the latest mobile drivers for your Motorola Moto G.
- You will obviously need the Update file in order to perform the update. You can download it by clicking here.
- You will also need a USB Data Cable in-order to transfer the Update file from your PC onto your Motorola Moto G.
- Backup everything that you think is important. Although this update doesn’t require you to perform a factory-reset, it is better to take a pre-caution.
Once everything you require is set, you may proceed with installing the Lollipop update on your Motorola Moto G Google Play Edition.
How To Install Android 5.1, Lollipop On Motorola Moto G
- Download the above .ZIP file which we provided onto your PC.
- Now, connect your Motorola Moto G to your PC using the USB Data Cable.
- Copy and transfer the Update file that you downloaded in the first step to your device’s onboard memory.
- Now, go ahead and power-off your Motorola Moto G.
- Now, boot into the Recovery Mode. In order to do so, press and hold the Volume Up + Volume Down + Power button simultaneously, till the Bootloader screen appears. From there, navigate using the Volume Keys, and select the ‘Recovery Mode‘ using the Power Button.
- You will see a bunch of options, but the one we need right now is the ‘Select Update.ZIP file’. Select that option.
- Now, locate the file that your downloaded and transferred onto your phone in the initial steps.
- Select and install the Update file.
- This process might take about five minutes.
- Now, after the process is done, you will be greeted into your whole new Android version!
Good job! 10-steps weren’t that hard to do, right? Well, as of now, you can easily enjoy the latest and sweetest version of Android on your Motorola Moto G. If you have any queries, refer to us in the comments section below.
Current Devices : OnePlus One, Samsung Galaxy S2, Micromax Canvas HD, Samsung Galaxy Ace
Latest posts by Adnan Ahmed (see all)
- How To Install Android 7.0 Nougat On Google Nexus Devices - August 23, 2016
- 6 best things about Android 7.0 Nougat - August 23, 2016
- Here’s the best Tech you can get under 1 Dollar - July 3, 2016