Android 5.1 Lollipop is on the loose here, as we are seeing the Nexus and Google Play Edition devices being updated to this version. Previously we have seen it on Nexus 4, Nexus 7 2013 LTE along with HTC One M8 and in past we have already seen it on Moto G. But what ronin790, XDA member has to offer is something different, that was just the OTA update, what here is about to be offered is not only the Android 5.1 Lollipop, but also the TWRP recovery, along with the Root and all that just in some clicks, instead of going through the complex steps to install the OTA update, that most users finds so difficult that they don’t try it from the beginning.
Here is a comprehensive tutorial of what we are about to go through, so those who already know about it, won’t have to go down and those who don’t know, at-least will learn about what they are gonna go through. At First, you have to install the ADB setup, the package contains all the things, so don’t worry about downloading them separately, second flashing the Android 5.1 Lollipop firmware with the tool. Then Root the device using Super SU and Install the TWRP recovery before the Super SU to flash it. In this article, we will show you How to Update Moto G GPe to Android 5.1 Lollipop with One Click Tool, without further ado let us continue.
- This is only for Moto G GPe!
- Battery should be charged at least over 60%
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – If CWM or TWRP installed previously, otherwise skip this step and perform this at the end of flashing
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer, Motorola, that is in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
Moto G all in One Tool: Link
How to Update Moto G GPe to Android 5.1 Lollipop:
- Download and Extract the file anywhere.
- Navigate to Tools folder and run the adb-setup-1.4.2.exe
- Wait for it to finish.
- Then Put your device in Download Mode, How? Turn Off your device, then Turn it On using the Power + Volume down button.
- Connect your device with PC.
- From the GPe_5.1_OneClick run, double click the Flash_GPe_5.1.bat
- Wait for the Process to over and then Reboot your device.
How to Install TWRP and Root Moto G GPe:
- Copy the Super Su to your Phone.
- Reboot your device to Download mode and Connect it to PC.
- Navigate to ROOT-RECOVERY folder
- Run the flash_recovery.bat
- Wait for the process to over, then enter Recovery Mode
- Navigate to Install Zip and Choose UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip
- Confirm the Installation and Reboot the Device
- Now not only you have the device running Android 5.1 Lollipop but also it has root along with TWRP Recovery.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016