Motorola devices are getting the update of Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat way faster than any other devices, except for Nexus devices and even the Google Play Edition devices are behind in schedule, but Motorola devices are getting the updates and not even the Custom Ones, but the Official OTA updates. Recently Moto E received the Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat update and today, Moto G GPe is getting it via OTA. OTA update is rolling out for all the regions but it will take a lot of time to reach everyone, as we have already covered the Nexus device Being updated to Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat official ROM, we are also here to cover other devices as well, so, today we will be covering the Moto G GPe update.
For all those who are not familiar with the GPe, it stands for the Google Play Edition and only the Google Play Edition of Moto G, which arrived with the Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat out of the Box. The update started rolling out yesterday, so it will take some reasonable time to reach everyone. Good thing is that this OTA update is captured by the XDA Member Salxs and we will show you how to install it manually, Get ready.
But here are the things you need to consider before proceeding further:
- Android SDK must be installed.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode
- Download and Install The USB Drivers
- Your Device must be completely Stock.
- Double Check the Android Build your are running and make sure that it is KOT94H Android 4.4.2.
- That you have a Well Charged Battery, 60%-80% is better.
- Back-Up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
The method is involved in flashing ROMs, rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking of your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is Motorola in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
Also See: Install Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat On Nexus 5
Also See: Install Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat On Nexus 7
How To Install This Update:
- Download the Update file and rename it to Update.zip
- Place the update.zip file to the Fastboot folder
- Connect Your Device with PC.
- Turn Off your device completely.
- Now Press nd Hold Volume Up + Down + Power buttons, until you are in Boot mode.
- Highlight Recovery and Select it, a warning logo will appear in the middle of screen
- Press Volume Up + Down buttons, while holding them both Press and Release Power Button
- Your device will boot into Stock recovery, showing Android System Recovery <3e> on top.
- Use Volume key to highlight Apply Update from ADB and Press Power button to Select it.
- Now Type the following to Start the Update Process: adb sideload update.zip
- The Process will start and once it is done, you will see the display message on Screen.
- Select Reboot System now to reboot the device.
- After a successful reboot, check the Android version to confirm.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Download Clash Of Clans .Apk For Free - March 31, 2017
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016