After Moto X 2014 and Moto G 2014 GPe now this is the third Moto device to get the OTA update of Android 5.0 Lollipop. If we look at the past of Motorola, for once it was a ruler in the market but for past few years the Company has been going through difficulties, and now again, this OEM is grabbing the grip in the OS market. Among a few OEMs, this one has been updating its devices to Lollipop and by far this is the 3rd one and not just any update but the OTA update. Although the case is completely different here, on a Samsung device, not only you can use the Custom Recovery to flash the update and also downgrade it, but here both the things are impossible to happen, once you have updated there is no going back.
In this article, we will show you How to Update Moto G 2013 to Android 5.0.1 Lollipop OTA Update . You’ll be needing Stock recovery for this OTA to install and also you must be running Stock Firmware, most probably the Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat to install this OTA update.
- Charge your Battery to 60% or more.
- This guide is only for Moto G 2013 GPe
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Backup EFS
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – If CWM or TWRP installed previously.
USB Drives: Link
Download OTA.zip: Link
How to Update Moto G 2013:
- Download the zip file and rename it to OTA.zip
- Connect your device with PC.
- Open Command Prompt on Fastboot folder and type: adb reboot recovery
- Press the Volume Up button and Release it, you are in Recovery mode.
- Scroll down and Select, apple update from Sd Card
- Choose the OTA.Zip file and confirm the Installation
- The Process will start and once it is over, your device will be running Android 5.0 Lollipop.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016