One of the best thing about owning a Flagship device is that you’ll receive the latest update form the OEM, via OTA or any other way possible. The best part about being an Android user is that you can even install OTA updated manually, all the other platform doesn’t provide such an easy way to do so. Motorola has start rolling out the Marshmallow update for quite a lot of devices, that also includes Moto E second generation, released back in 2015. The latest update brings some important features to the Moto E, like Doze and App Standby that improve battery life to a great extent, which is quite a demanded feature now a days as every other Android device is suffering from the fast battery loss.
Moto E was launched with Android 5.0 Lollipop and was expected to receive the update of Marshmallow in near future, since it has start rolling, the firmware file in compressed format is available now which can be flashed to any Moto E 2015 edition. If you are not sure how to flash it or how to properly flash it, out step-by-step guide will help you in this.Let’s go through the early preparations and the begin flashing the Firmware on Update Moto E (2nd Gen) to update it to Android 6.0 Marshmallow OTA Update.
- Back-up Before Proceeding.
- Motorola Drivers: Link
- Install & Configure fastboot: Link
- Minimal ADB: Link
- Moto E Android 6.0.zip: Link
- Moto E Flashallbat: Link
How To Update Moto E (2nd Gen):
- Turn off your device.
- Boot into Bootloader Mode.
- Downlaod and Extract Minimal ADB file.
- Download and Extract Firmware file to the same folder as Minimal ADB.
- Press & Hold Shift Key in that folder and Click Open Command Prompt
- Now Enter the Following Commands:
mfastboot oem fb_mode_set
mfastboot flash partition gpt.bin
mfastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
mfastboot flash logo logo.bin
mfastboot flash boot boot.img
mfastboot flash recovery recovery.img
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.4
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.5
mfastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
mfastboot erase modemst1
mfastboot erase modemst2
mfastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
mfastboot erase cache
mfastboot erase userdata
mfastboot erase customize
mfastboot oem config carrier vzw
mfastboot oem fb_mode_clear
- Or you can just put the MotoEFlashAll.bat file in that folder and Run it
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016