Previously we posted the Micormax A117 update of CyanogenMod 12, and now the same update is available for Micromax A116 Canvas HD. However, since the ROM is un-official and the build is very early, there are a lot of things that won’t work. The coming updates will surely remove lot of these bugs and it will be a matter of months before this ROM will be fully stable.
Micromax A116 Canvas HD in terms of specs is not much of an awesome device, but still if we look at the local side, it is more than enough and especially at such low price. Powered by a Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7 with 1GB of RAM and PowerVR SGX544 GPU, 5.0-inch screen size with HD Resolution,running Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean out-of-the-box. In this article, we will show you How to Update Micromax A116 to Android 5.0 Lollipop Custom ROM. If you are interested in Other ROMs, you can Visit our Custom ROMs section or you can install this ROM on your Micromax A116 by following our tutorial below. This is not an official release from Micromax but a Custom ROM. You need to install a Custom Recovery on your device to install this and also your device must be rooted. Let’s go through the ROM features and early preparations and then flash this ROM.
- This is only for Micromax A116 Canvas HD!
- Battery should be charged at least over 60%
- Flash a Custom Recovery and Root Your device
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – If CWM or TWRP installed previously, otherwise skip this step and perform this at the end of flashing.
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is Micromax in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
CyanogenMod 12: Link
How To Install CyanogenMod 12:
- Connect your device with PC.
- Copy and Paste the Above zip files to the root of your sdcard.
- Open Recovery mode. How?
- Connect your device with PC
- Open Command Prompt in Fastboot folder. [ADB & Fastboot Tools]
- Now Type: adb reboot bootloader
- Choose Recovery from Bootloader
Into the Recovery:
- Back-up your ROM using the Recovery.
- To Perform a Back-up, Navigate to Back-up and Restore on Next screen, Choose Back-up again.
- Go back to Main Screen after the Back-up is complete.
- Then Navigate to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Devlik Wipe Cache’, so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ another windows will open in front of you.
- Finally Select “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”
- Select ‘choose zip from sd card’ from the Options.
- Select the CM 12.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Go Back and Flash Google Apps.zip
- Once the Installation is Over, Select +++++Go Back+++++
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
The first boot might take up-to half an hour, so better play a game or get yourself a cup of coffee or Tea۔
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016