MIUI V6 was only available for Nexus 7 and since the Kernel was only for Tablet devices, no one except it to be released for Nexus 5 this early. The developer has ported any other custom Kernel in this ROM and made it available for Nexus 5. I have installed this ROM on my Nexus 5 and it is still in exploration, so I can’t tell what is working or not working. But you all know that MIUI is famous for its interface and mostly don’t agree with it either as they want to stay on pure Android instead of going to MIUI. Do try this ROM and let us know, But if you don’t want to then You can Visit our Custom ROM section Or You can update your Nexus 5 to MIUI V6 Android 4.4.2 by following our Tutorial.This is not an official release from LG, but a Custom ROM, you need to install a Custom Recovery on your device to install it and also your device must be rooted.Haven’t rooted yet. Follow:Unlock bootloader of Nexus 5 | Root and install CWM recovery on Nexus 5
But why would anyone goes for a Custom ROM instead of staying on the Stock On, allow me to explain. “Stock and Official ROMs are good, but they are created with keeping in mind the demands of all,some wants performance and some wants speed, some wants looks, some wants features. Putting them all in one ROM can cause Lag, Performance issues and bugs. But Custom ROM in basically designed for either Looks or Performance and Custom ROM gives speed and great performance with Tweaks and System Tools.”
In this Article, we will show you How To Install MIUI V6 Android 4.4.2 On LG Nexus 5.But before we begin, Make sure:
- That you have a Well Charged Battery, 60%-80% is better.
- Back-Up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
- Back-Up your Mobiles EFS Data.
- Check your device model, Go To Setting > About and Make sure that it is Nexus 5 (hammerhead)
- Do-not try it on Nexus 4 (Mako)
- Bootloader Must Be Unlocked: Follow Unlock Bootloader Of HTC Smartphones.
- Make Sure Fastboot Is Configured: How to Install Android Adb & Fastboot Drivers on Your Windows PC [Guide]
- Enable USB Debugging Mode
- Download USB Driver For Nexus Devices: Link
The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device,and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is LG in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility
Features Of MIUI V6:
- No bugs!
Here you will find the Step-by-Step Guide On How To Install MIUI V6 On LG Nexus 5. But let me remind you again, ClockworkMod Recovery(Older Version) is not recommended when it comes to installing this ROM, Only latest versions of TWRP and CWM Touch Recovery for the Device is supported without bugs. So, if you are using an Old CWM Recovery or TWRP on your device Upgrade it to the Latest version, if you want to go with older version, you are on your own. We are warning you that if you used and Older Recovery and Brick your device, We will not be responsible for anything.
How To Install It.
- Connect your device with PC.
- Copy and Paste the Above zip files to the root of your sdcard.
- Disconnect the cable.
- Turn Off your Device
- Now go to Bootloader/Fastboot mode, Press and hold Power + Volume Down Buttons till you see some text on-screen.
- From Bootloader, choose Recovery
CWM/PhilZ Touch Recovery Users.
- First Choose ‘Wipe Cache’.
- Then Navigate to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Devlik Wipe Cache’ so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Then Finally Choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ another windows will open in front of you.
- Select ‘choose zip from sd card’ from the Options.
- Select the Android 4.4.2 MIUI V6.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- After the Installation, go back and Flash Google Apps.
- Once the Installation is Over, Select +++++Go Back+++++.
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
- Tap on Wipe Button and Select Cache, System, Data.
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
- Go back to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the Android 4.4.2 MIUI V6 and Google Apps , Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Once the Installation is Over, you will promoted to Reboot System Now
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
Solve Signature Verification Error:
- Open Recovery.
- Navigate to install zip from Sdcard
- Navigate to Toggle Signature Verification and Press Power Button and See if it is disabled or not. Disable it and then Install the Zip without any Error.
That is it, After a Successful reboot, your LG Nexus 5 will be running Android 4.4.2 KitKat MIUI V6. Wait for At-least 5-minutes for the First run, then go to Settings > About to Verify.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Download Clash Of Clans .Apk For Free - March 31, 2017
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016