Android 5.0 Lollipop is the most trending thing now a days, and every OEM is giving their device a chance to taste the Lollipop whether the release is beta or a stable one, whether the ROM is official or a Custom one, whether the device is the latest Flagship or not, all of them are somehow getting the update of Android 5.0 Lollipop, previously we posted the Android 5.0 Lollipop update for Moto X 2014, while Sony Xperia Z and Sony Xperia L have gotten the AOSP build of Lollipop and Nexus 7 2013 getting the update via another AOSP, LG G3 is getting the Official update of it, even the .kdz file is available, which is by far the test .kdz but works fine in many ways.
LG G3 is the latest flagship from LG and was famous even before its release, the rooting method for this device was out far before it landed on the Market. Yet it is dominating and making a lot of popularity in the market, simply because it is awesome, it is packed with some of the amazing features that you can’t find in most of the Flagship devices. Since this is an official ROM, you’ll need flash and support tools to do so. In this article we will show you How To Update LG G3 F400S to Android 5.0 Lollipop Test Firmware, without further ado, let us continue.
1. This is only for LG G3 F400S!
This ROM is only for the device mentioned above. Make sure that your model number matches the one listed above. To do so, go to Settings > About Device on your device and see your model number. Flashing this ROM on any other device will result in bricking it so make sure that you meet this requirement first of all.
2. Battery should be charged at least over 60%
Make sure that your battery is charged enough to complete the flashing process. In case your battery is low and your device goes dead during the flashing process, you may end up soft bricking your device as it won’t complete the flashing process.
3. Backup everything!
Just to be on the safe side, you may consider backing up each and everything from your Android device. This is highly recommended so that in case anything goes wrong, you still have the access to all of your data and you can restore it immediately. You may backup everything as listed below.
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is LGE in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. Incase of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
Android 5.0 Lollipop OTA: Link
Download and install LG support Tool: LINK
Download and install LG Flash Tool: LINK
How To Install Android 5.0 on LG G3:
- Download The Firmware file and Extract the zip, if required.
- Turn off your LG G3 and Boot into Download Mode, HOW? Press and Hold Volume Up Key and Plug in the USB Cable.
- Extract the LG Flash Tool and Double click the UpTestEX.exe
- Once the Flash Tool is Open, Change the Select Type to 3GQCT and change the Phone mode to DIAG.
- Click the Select kdz Option file and select the .KDz extention file from the downloaded Firmware folder.
- Click Normal Web Upgrade Test.
- Now you will see a pop-up window, showing you the Phone Information.
- Click Upgrade Start Button.
- After a Few Seconds, there will be another pop-up asking you the Language and Country.
- As Country, Select Poland or Republic Of Korea and Language English
- Finally Click OK to proceed the installation.
- When the Flashing is done, your LG G3 will reboot, don’t forget to do a Factory Reset. To do it, press and Hold Volume Down + Power Buttons until you see the Phone screen.
That is it, Enjoy the Android 5.0 Lollipop Firmware on LG G3.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016