LG G2 is still one of the greatest and alive devices available around. G2 has a great user base. The device was originally unveiled by LG back in September 2013. LG G2 carried a 5.2 inch dsplay with 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution and 424 ppi. LG used Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 CPU to power up this phone and planted the Adreno 300 alongside the processor. A RAM of 2 GB is plugged inside as well. G2 has a 13 MP at its back and a 2.1 MP shooter on the front. LG G2 was found running on Android 4.4.2 KitKat out of the box, it was updated to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop later on. Unfortunately, after the Lollipop update, this device didn’t get any further update.
G2 has been surviving only because of the custom ROMs hitting the device since LG discontinued the official software support. G2 was blessed with custom ROMs based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop and also the Marshmallow 6.0.1. Now that Google is done releasing the Android 7.1 Nougat, it is the time for LG G2 owners to taste the all new Nougat firmware as well. Luckily, an unofficial build of CyanogenMod 14.1 based on Android 7.1 Nougat has made its way to the LG G2 D802 and D805 variants. That means you can now finally give your device another new life.
In the following post, we have tried to put up an easy method to help you update LG G2 D802/D805 to Android 7.1 Nougat via CyanogenMod 14.1 custom ROM. The ROM has most of its features like RIL, Wifi, Bluetooth and Camera got working. It might contain a few bugs here and there, but if you are Android power user, it should not be a big deal for you. Let’s head towards the method to get done with it now.
- This guide is supposed to work for LG G2 D802 and D805 only. Do not try it on another phone. It might result in bricking your phone if the model number is not as same as listed here.
- Charge your phone up to 50% prior to the flashing process. This should be done in order to keep your device alive throughout the flashing process.
- Make sure that your phone is running the latest Lollipop firmware before flashing this ROM.
- Flash a TWRP Recovery on your LG G2.
- Backup Nandroid and save it to your computer. Nandroid Backup is important since it will help you to revert back everything in case the new ROM crashes.
- Backup your important text messages, call logs and contacts as well.
- Follow the instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap. Flash the ROM at your own risk. In case of a mishap, TechBeasts or the ROM developers may not be held responsible.
Update LG G2 D802/D805 to Android 7.1 Nougat via CyanogenMod 14.1
- Download Android 7.1 Nougat CyanogenMod 14.1 Custom ROM.zip file.
- Download Gapps.zip file for Android 7.1 Nougat according to your liking.
- Copy both the downloaded files to your phone’s internal or external storage.
- Now power off your phone and boot it into TWRP recovery mode by using the volume button combination.
- As soon as you boot into TWRP, select the wipe option and perform a factory data reset.
- Now get back to the main menu in TWRP recovery and tap Install > locate the ROM.zip file > Swipe to confirm flash > finish the flashing.
- Now once again get back to the main menu in TWRP recovery and this time flash the Gapps.zip file.
- After flashing Gapps.zip file, wipe the cache and dalvik cache from the wipe > advanced wipe options.
- Now reboot your phone into system.
- As it boots up, you should find the CyanogenMod 14.1 Android 7.1 Nougat booting up on your LG G2. That’s all.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- How to install Magisk Systemless Interface on Android - April 22, 2017
- Fix Galaxy S8 Not registered on network - April 22, 2017
- How to fix LG G4 that keeps restarting itself - April 22, 2017