As already mentioned before that Google Play Edition devices will be receiving the update of Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat soon after the Nexus devices, and it looks like LG G Pad 8.3 GPE is getting the OTA update of Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat. For all those who have received the update already, have no concern here, they are better off to wait for the Rooting method for their device to be released, or they can try the same one that they tried for Android 4.4.2 or 4.4.3 Kit-Kat if they think that they can afford a brick device, in case of any mishap during the process. The update is rolling throughout the world, but it will take a little time to reach every region, till then just install it manually, all you need to do is to follow this tutorial and all is well.
But here are the things you need to consider before proceeding further:
- Your Device must be completely Stock.
- Double Check the Android Build your are running and make sure that it is KOT94H Android 4.4.2
- Android SDK must be installed.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode
- Download and Install The USB Drivers
The method is involved in flashing ROMs, rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking of your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is LGE in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
Also See: Install Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat On Nexus 5
Also See: Install Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat On Nexus 7
How To Install This Update:
- Download the Update file and rename it to Update.zip
- Connect Your Device with PC.
- Open Command Prompt and type the following: adb devices
- If you see the device ID, it means you are good to go, otherwise install USB Drivers to solve this problem.
- Now Again in Command Prompt, type: adb reboot recovery
- When you see an Exclamation mark, Press the Power Button and then the Volume Button and release them quickly, your device will boot into Stock recovery, showing Android System Recovery <3e> on top.
- Use Volume key to highlight Apply Update from ADB and Press Power button to Select it.
- Now Type the following to Start the Update Process: adb sideload update.zip
- The Process will start and once it is done, you will see the display message on Screen.
- Select Reboot System now to reboot the device.
- After a successful reboot, check the Android version to confirm.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016