Pure Nexus Custom ROM, which is one of the most popular Custom ROMs for Google Nexus smartphones, is now available for Huawei Nexus 6P. Pure Nexus ROM gives you a chance to enjoy all the goodies that you’d want in your smartphone after rooting. The hefty list of features is good enough to make your mouth watery and flash this ROM right away. Pure Nexus Custom ROM for the Nexus 6P is based on AOSP Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. The list of features attached below explains what you will get upon flashing this custom ROM.
We are going to help our beloved Huawei Nexus 6P users to flash the Pure Nexus ROM. Make sure that you go through the guide carefully and follow it to the letter to avoid any mishap. While flashing custom ROMs or tweaking the device is not officially recommended by the device manufacturers, we do not hold any responsibility if in case something goes wrong at your end.
- This ROM is intended for the Huawei Nexus 6P only. Do no try this on any other device at all.
- Charge your phone up to 75% to avoid power issues during flashing process.
- Unlock Bootloader, Flash TWRP Recovery on your Nexus 6P. Here’s a complete guide.
- Backup your important contacts, call logs, sms messages and also copy your media content to your PC. Here’s a complete guide to backup everything.
- Follow this guide to the letter to avoid any mishap.
Disclaimer: Unlocking bootloader, rooting and flashing custom recoveries, custom ROMS are highly custom processes. Doing any of these will result in voiding the warranty of your device. Ensure that you’re doing everything at your own risk. In case of a mishap, TechBeasts or the device manufacturer may not be held liable.
How To Install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Pure Nexus Custom ROM on Nexus 6P
- Download the latest build of pure_nexus_angler-6.0.1-20160803-OFFICIAL.zip for your Nexus 6P.
- Download the GApps for Pure Nexus ROM: PureNexus_Dynamic_GApps-6.x.x-20160803.zip
- Download SuperSU.zip beta version: Download
- Copy the Pure Nexus ROM.zip, GApps.zip and the SuperSU.zip files to your Nexus 6P’s external or internal SD card.
- Make sure that you’ve unlocked the bootloader, flashed TWRP on your Nexus 6P.
- Now boot your Nexus 6P into TWRP recovery mode. To do so, turn off your Nexus 6P completely and then turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Down + Power Key. Once your phone is in bootloader mode, select recovery mode here and it will boot your phone into TWRP recovery.
- Create a Nandroid backup of your device’s system and boot.img under the Backup options in TWRP recovery.
- Now in the homescreen of TWRP, tap Reboot > Recovery and then swipe to allow modifications.
- Perform a factory reset using the Wipe options in TWRP and then get back to the main screen in recovery.
- Now tap Install > Locate the Pure Nexus Custom ROM.zip file > swipe to confirm ROM installation.
- Similarly, flash the GApps.zip file and after this, flash the SuperSU.zip file as well.
- Once done, reboot your device to system and it should launch the newly installed Pure Nexus Custom ROM.
That’s all. If you are stuck with something, reach us out through the comment box or our contact us page.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Root and Install TWRP on Android 7.0 Nougat Galaxy S7/S7 Edge [Verified Method] - January 23, 2017
- How to fix Google Chrome performance issues on Mac OS X/MacOS Sierra - January 22, 2017
- How To Download Official Android Nougat on Galaxy S7/S7 Edge - January 20, 2017