OmniROM has made its way to a lot of devices, Allowing lot of users to enjoy the exclusive features of Samsung devices’ firmware; like multi-window. In past we have seen this ROM on a lot of Flagship devices, whether they are ignored from the world or being an active part of Android world, except for Flagships, this ROM has been released for a lot of Low-end devices. For all the Samsung users, this ROM might not bring a lot of new things but for all the other devices there is certainly something new that they can see on the spot. Under the hood, lot of changes are made to make this ROM smooth and fast, even for a device like Huawei Ascend P6. Previously we posted the tutorial of Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat OmniROM and since the Android version has been updated, it is time for you to update your device to Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat.
OmniROM might be the only custom ROM that has received such a great response from the Huawei Ascend P6 users. OmniROM uses the Huawei Stock zImage and a Custom RAMdisk to not only improve the performance but also lets the device to boost the RAM cleaning, which in turn let the apps open fast. In this article we will show you how to Update Huawei Ascend P6 to Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat Custom ROM. However, if you are interested in Other ROMs, you can Visit our Custom ROMs section or you can install this ROM on your Ascend P6 by following our tutorial below. This is not an official release from Huawei but a Custom ROM. You need to install a Custom Recovery on your device to install this. Your device must be rooted. Let’s go through the ROM features and early preparations and then flash this ROM.
1. This is only for Huawei Ascend P6!
This custom ROM is only for the device mentioned above. Make sure that your model number matches the one listed above. To do so, go to Settings > About Device on your device and see your model number. Flashing this ROM on any other device will result in bricking it so make sure that you meet this requirement first of all.
2. Battery should be charged at least over 60%
Make sure that your battery is charged enough to complete the flashing process. In case your battery is low and your device goes dead during the flashing process, you may end up soft bricking your device as it won’t complete the flashing process.
3. Root Your device & Install Custom Recovery!
4. Backup everything!
Just to be on the safe side, you may consider backing up each and everything from your Android device. This is highly recommended so that in case anything goes wrong, you still have the access to all of your data and you can restore it immediately. You may backup everything as listed below.
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – If CWM or TWRP installed previously, otherwise skip this step and perform this at the end of flashing.
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is Huawei in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
Google Apps: Link
How To Install This ROM.
- You should make sure that HUawei P6 is already updated to stock KitKat OS.
- Connect your device with PC.
- Copy and Paste the Above zip files to the root of your sdcard.
- Disconnect the cable.
- Turn Off your Device
- Open Bootloader mode. How? Press and hold the Volume Down + Power buttons until you see some text on screen.
- Highlight Recovery In Bootloader, and Press Power Button To Select it
- Note that you need TWRP 188.8.131.52 or higher to flash this custom ROM on your device.
- Tap On Back-Up and Select System and Data
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider
- Tap on Wipe Button and Select Cache, System, Data.
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
- Go back to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the OnmiROM.zip, Gapps.zip and Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Once the Installation is Over, you will be promoted to Reboot System Now
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
Solve Signature Verification Error:
- Open Recovery.
- Navigate to install zip from Sdcard
- Navigate to Toggle Signature Verification and Press Power Button and See if it is disabled or not. Disable it and then Install the Zip without any Error.
First Boot might take up-to 5-minutes, so let your device rest for 5-minutes as you do something else.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016