HTC One XL a.k.a AT&T HTC One X can now be upgraded to KickDroid v5.2.0 Custom ROM. KickDroid v5.2.0 is based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean and really great for those who want smooth performance along with a great battery life. There is much change the ROM, it totally looks like Stock Android 4.2.2, with. Sense 5.0 is fully supported in this ROM, based on latest official HTC One XL 5.08.841.3 (TELSTRA) firmware. It is just a Stock Firmware without changes and Notifications. The Kernel is Stock, fully stable, will change in upcoming versions. Thanks to the XDA Member 24ky, we proudly present to you most innovated ROM of HTC One XL.Stock and Official ROMs are good, but they are created with keeping in mind the demands of all,some wants performance and some wants speed, some wants looks, some wants features. Putting them all in one ROM can cause Lag, Performance issues and bugs. But Custom ROM in basically designed for either Looks or Performance and Custom ROM gives speed and great performance with Tweaks and System Tools.
The methods involve in installing Custom ROMs on HTC Device are a bit different, so don’t try to install a Custom ROM on HTC Device like you did on Samsung, Sony or Nexus. For All HTC Devices you need to Flash the Boot.img separately, while others automatically install the Boot image.
In this Article, we will show you How To Update AT&T HTC One X/HTC One XL To Android 4.2.2 KickDroid v5.2.0 Custom ROM.But before we begin, Make sure:
- That you have a Well Charged battery.
- Back-up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
- Make Sure that your device is Rooted and TWRP Recovery is installed on your device. (CWM Recovery will work but TWRP is Recommended).
The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device,and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is HTC in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
- Your Device must be Rooted and Latest TWRP Recovery must be installed on it.
- Enable USB debugging mode.
- Make sure that battery level is at 85% or more.
- This Tutorial is Only For AT&T HTC One X/HTC One XL.
If you want to Know what you are buying, See the Listed Features to Calm yourself:
- Removed software (CPU) rendering – full Snapdragon S4 (GPU) rendering
- Fully optimized and tweaked
- Root access
- Stock *boot.img ( for now )
- RAM optimizations
- Improved virtual memory management
- Speed optimizations
- Enabled GPU UI rendering
- Bloatware applications from Telstra removed
- All /system applications updated to latest available
- Disabled kernel debugging for better performance
- Fully odexed
- init.d scripts (BusyBox run-parts) support
- Excellent battery life!
- Adobe Flash Player support
- …and many more!
All Read and Ready to Install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean KickDroid v5.2.0 Custom ROM on HTC One XL. Let’s head towards the Next page to find out How.
Pages: Page 1 > Page 2
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016