Based on AOSP and Android 4.4 Kit-Kat, OmniROM is now available for HTC One XL. The ROM is clean and Stable giving Android 4.4 Kit-Kat experience on your device. One of the best thing is that, OmniROM will feature a card-like popup on the bottom of the screen that shows the caller and offers the option to decline or answer the call, instead of Full screen notification. That will give you the ease to Reject or Accept the Call without Closing the Current App. All credit goes to XDA Memeber Yuma75, who provided us such an amazing ROM for Such a Non-So-Important device. But why would anyone goes for a Custom ROM instead of staying on the Stock On, allow me to explain. “Stock and Official ROMs are good, but they are created with keeping in mind the demands of all,some wants performance and some wants speed, some wants looks, some wants features. Putting them all in one ROM can cause Lag, Performance issues and bugs. But Custom ROM in basically designed for either Looks or Performance and Custom ROM gives speed and great performance with Tweaks and System Tools.”
The methods involve in installing Custom ROMs on HTC Device are a bit different, so don’t try to install a Custom ROM on HTC Device like you did on Samsung, Sony or Nexus. For All HTC Devices you need to Flash the Boot.img separately, while others automatically install the Boot image.
In this Article, we will show you How To Update HTC One XL/AT&T HTC One To Android 4.4 OmniROM Kit-Kat Custom Firmaware .But before we begin, Make sure:
- That you have a Well Charged battery.
- Back-up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device,and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is HTC in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
- Your Device must be Rooted and Latest Custom Recovery must be installed on it.
- Enable USB debugging mode.
- Make sure that battery level is at 85% or more.
- This Tutorial is Only For AT&T HTC One X/HTC One XL.
If you want to Know the Features of OmniROM for HTC One XL, Here is the List.
- Non-intrusive incoming call notifications – instead of a full screen notification for answering phone calls, OmniROM will feature a card-like popup on the bottom of the screen that shows the caller and offers the option to decline or answer the call. In theory, this should allow you to continue what you were doing (browsing, gaming, etc.) without having to switch apps.
- Advanced audio settings, including center frequency for bass boost and stereo widening
- Improved ActiveDisplay
- Permissions per apps
- And Much More
All Read and Ready to Install Android 4.4 Kit-Kat OmniROM Custom ROM on HTC One XL. Let’s head towards the Next page to find out How.
Pages: Page 1 | Page 2
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016