OneDroid Custom ROM is based on CyanogenMod Resources, it has always remain updated with latest CM Repos, Optimized Battery Life, Enhanced Performance and offers a lot more than that, Screen Recording, Custom Tweaks and Pre-installed Google Apps. With this ROM you can Enjoy the Features on Android 4.4.2, If you are interested in other Android 4.4 Kit-Kat ROMs, you can try our How To Section. You can install Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat OneDroid Custom ROM on your HTC One, by following your tutorial below.
If you have ever installed a Custom ROM on an HTC device, then this will be easy for you, otherwise pay more attention towards the tutorial.In this Article, we will show you How To Update HTC One to Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat OneDroid Custom ROM. But before we begin, Make sure that you have battery charged over 60 % and have backed up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device,and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is Samsung in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
- Your Device must be Rooted and Latest TWRP or CWM Recovery must be installed on it.
- Make Sure that USB Cable is not Connected With PC While The Installation in Process.
- Enable USB debugging mode.
- Make sure that battery level is at 85% or more.
- This Tutorial is Only For HTC One.
How To Update HTC One to Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat OneDroid Custom ROM.
- Download Android 4.2.2 MagioROM ROM for HTC One X to your computer
- Make Sure that USB Debugging is enable, goto Settings > Developers Option and Tick the USB debugging.
- Make sure that Fastbboot/ADB is configured on PC. How? How to Install Android Adb & Fastboot Drivers on Your Windows PC [Guide].
- Then Download the Android 4.4.2 File from the above links.
- Extract the .zip file and either in Kernal Folder or in the Main Folder there is a file called boot.img.
- Copy and paste the boot.img to the Fastboot Folder.
- Now copy and paste the Android 4.4.2 zip and file to the root of your SD card.
- Turn off your phone and open Bootloader/Fastboot mode. How? Press and hold Volume Down + Power button until you see some text on screen.
- Now Open Command prompt in Fastboot Folder, How? Hold Shift Key and Right Click anywhere in the Fastboot folder.
- Now type in the following command: fastboot flash boot boot.img Press Enter.
- Then type in the following command: fastboot reboot.
- After the reboot, take out the battery and wait for at least 10 seconds.
- Then re-insert the battery and enter Bootloader mode. How? Press and hold Power + Volume Down button till you see some text on screen, From bootloader select Recovery.
- Choose “Wipe Cache” Partition first.
- Choose ‘advance’ and select ‘Devlik wipe cache’, so you won’t stuck in any Boot loop.
- The finally choose ‘Wipe Data/Factory Reset’.
- Now select ‘Install zip from sd card’, then select ‘choose zip from sd card’.
- Select the Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- After that, +++++Go back.
- And Reboot System now. Wait for 5-minutes for the first run.
Voila that’s it you HTC One is now upgraded to Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat OneDroid Custom ROM, to check Go to settings> About > Software Version.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016