There it is, the second custom ROM for HTC One M8 and from one of my favorite team, Team Venom. I only tried their ROM on HTC Sensation XE and belive me, that was one of the best ROMs I have ever tried. Everything was in the ROM, everything you required, Slider Shortcuts on Pull Down Menu so no need to open settings to activate Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. ROM was really smooth, while isntalling you have the option to over or underclock the CPU and GPU. Camers Shutter for Screenshots has been added, broken widgets and broken bloatware. Kernel is still stock because Custom Kernels were causing trouble for HTC One M8, bettery timing is still same as Stock ROM if not overclocked. HTC Boom Sound has been restored, happy news for all the fans becasue they start to like Venom Sound Enhancer and much more featureas are waiting for you. If you are interested in Other ROMs, you can Visit our Custom ROMs section Or you can install this ROM on your HTC One M8 by following our tutorial below.This is not an official release from HTC, but a Custom ROM, you need to install a Custom Recovery on your device to install it and also your device must be rooted.
But why would anyone goes for a Custom ROM instead of staying on the Stock On, allow me to explain. “Stock and Official ROMs are good, but they are created with keeping in mind the demands of all,some wants performance and some wants speed, some wants looks, some wants features. Putting them all in one ROM can cause Lag, Performance issues and bugs. But Custom ROM in basically designed for either Looks or Performance and Custom ROM gives speed and great performance with Tweaks and System Tools.”
In this Article, we will show you How To Install ViperOneM8 1.1.0 Android 4.4.2 On HTC One M8.But before we begin, Make sure:
- That you have a Well Charged Battery, 60%-80% is better.
- Back-Up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
- Back-Up your Mobiles EFS Data.
- Check your device model, Go To Setting > About and Make sure that it is HTC One M8
- Do-not try it on HTC One M7
- Enable USB Debugging Mode
- Download USB Driver For HTC Devices: Link
- Bootloader Must Be Unlocked: How To Unlock Bootloader of HTC Devices
The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device,and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is HTC in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility
Features Of ViperOneM8 1.1.0:
- Fixed Exchange Mail mod
- Fixed Smart Dialing
- Fixed ability to flash lastest TWRP from ViperOneM8 install
- Fixed De-Sense option
- Fixed T-Mo option (still no WiFi Calling)
- Fixed signal/data tweaks (signal icons, wifi activity, always-on data icon, signal bar count, etc.)
- Fixed nav bar disappearing with certain tweaks
- Fixed missing screenshot folder on new devices
- Fixed ability to turn off screenshot notifications
- Fixed Venom File Manager FC
- Fixed system and cache partitions not being formatted properly
- Added tweak to disable the camera shutter for screenshots
- Added Google Search
- Added Google TTS
- Removed broken widgets (Notes, Task, Apps and Shortcuts)
- Removed bloat (Fitbit, HTC Advantage, ZOE app due this summer, Get Started)
- Removed Venom Sound Enhancer and restored HTC BoomSound
- Removed duplicate calculators
- Removed Google Now Launcher from De-Sense option due to too many issues with no launcher
- Removed Dalvik/ART runtime choice in Development Settings
- All data apps
- HTC Gallery
- Google Play Store
Here you will find the Step-by-Step Guide On How To Install ViperOneM8 ROM On HTC One M8. But let me remind you again ClockworkMod Recovery(Older Version) is not recommended when it comes to installing this ROM, Only latest versions of TWRP and CWM Touch Recovery for the Device is supported without bugs. So, if you are using an Old CWM Recovery or TWRP on your device Upgrade it to the Latest version, if you want to go with older version, you are on your own. We are warning you that if you used and Older Recovery and Brick your device, We will not be responsible for anything.
- Download Android 4.4.2 ViperOneM8 1.1.0 ROM: Link | Mirror
- No Google Apps Required as this ROM will automatically install them.
How To Install It.
- Download ViperOneM8 1.1.0 ROM from the Above link
- Extract the ViperOneM8 1.1.0.zip file and either in Kernal Folder or in the Main Folder there is a file called boot.img.
- Copy and paste the boot.img to the Fastboot Folder.
- Now copy and paste the Zip files to the root of your SD card.
- Turn off your phone and open Bootloader/Fastboot mode. How? Press and hold Volume Down + Power button until you see some text on screen.
- Now Open Command prompt in Fastboot Folder, How? Hold Shift Key and Right Click anywhere in the Fastboot folder.
- Now type in the following command: fastboot flash boot boot.img Press Enter.
- Then type in the following command: fastboot reboot.
- After the reboot, take out the battery and wait for at least 10 seconds.
- Then re-insert the battery and enter Bootloader mode. How? Press and hold Power + Volume Down button till you see some text on screen, From bootloader select Recovery.
- First Choose ‘Wipe Cache’.
- Then Navigate to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Devlik Wipe Cache’ so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Then Finally Choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ another windows will open in front of you.
- Select ‘choose zip from sd card’ from the Options.
- Select the file ViperOneM8 1.1.0.zip and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Once the Installation is Over, Select +++++Go Back+++++
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
- Tap on Wipe Button and Select Cache, System, Data.
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
- Go back to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the ViperOneM8 1.1.0.zip and select it , Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Once the Installation is Over, you will promoted to Reboot System Now
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System..
Voila that’s it you HTC One M8 is now upgraded to ViperOneM8 Android 4.4.2 Custom ROM, to check Go-to settings> About > Software Version
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Download Clash Of Clans .Apk For Free - March 31, 2017
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016