HTC One M8 is already out, and is available in most of the countries now. Device’s development has also started, there’s a number of things to play with around. The best way to test the limitations is probably to try out a new custom operating system, and to do this very thing for the One M8, the famous Android Revolution HD ROM by XDA Senior Member Mike1986. has landed on the forums.
Android Revolution HD definitely is a feature-rich and one of the best custom ROMs available for the Android devices. What adds charm to the working and fuctinality of this ROM is, it’s a stock based custom ROM. That means there are less chances of any bugs, and you can make your device fly and keep this ROM for everyday’s use. In the following post, we are going to install Android Revolution HD Custom ROM on the HTC One M8, the international variant. If you’ve been looking for a good ROM and a comprehensive method, you may stop searching now and just follow this guide carefully. Let’s move forward now.
Let’s go through the details of this ROM first:
Here are the pre-installation instructions:
- This guide is for HTC One M8 [International]. Do not try this on any other device.
- Your phone’s battery must be charged, at least 60%. This is highly recommended in order to avoid and power issues during the flashing process.
- Your device must have an unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery installed. Here’s our full guide on how to unlock bootloader, achieve S-OFF and install CWM recovery.
- Make sure that you backup all your important contacts, messages, call logs and all other media content as unlocking the bootloader will completely wipe your phone.
- Once flashed CWM, don’t forget to create a Nandroid Backup. This is highly recommended in case the new system fails and you need to go back to your old system immediately.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your phone. In order to do so go to Settings > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging. If you couldn’t find the developer options in settings then you need to activate the developer options first. In order to do so go to Settings > About and tap the ”Build Number” 7 times and your developer options should appear now.
- Disable your windows firewall and any anti virus programs if installed in order to prevent any interruption.
- Use your device’s genuine data cable to connect it to your computer.
Note: All these process will result in voiding the warranty of your device. In case of any mishap, we may not be held responsible with what’s happening or what happened to your device, nor the manufacturer “HTC” will be held responsible as all these process are highly custom. Make sure that whatever you’re doing, you’ve enough knowledge of that and you’re doing it at your own risk.
Here’s How to Flash Android Revolution HD ROM on your HTC One M8:
- Download Android Revolution HD ROM.zip file.
- Connect your phone to your PC now.
- Copy the downloaded .zip file to your phone’s SDcard.
- Once copied, unplug your phone and turn it off.
- Now turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Down + Power Key. You should be in Hboot mode now, select Recovery here and you should be in the CWM recover that you installed above.
- In CWM recovery select “Install > Choose Zip from SDcard > Locate the ROM.zip file > Yes”.
- Proceed with the installation and complete it using the instructions in the AROMA installer.
- You can select the mods you want to flash during the installation with AROMA installer.
- You may wipe data, cache and dalvik cache for better performance results.
- Once done, reboot your device.
- Pheww! You’re on Android Revolution HD now.
If the ROM is good enough to impress you, please consider buying the developer a beer.
That’s all. In case you got any queries or you’re stuck somewhere regarding this post, don’t hesitate to reach us through comment box below. Thanks all.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- How to fix Google Chrome performance issues on Mac OS X/MacOS Sierra - January 22, 2017
- How To Download Official Android Nougat on Galaxy S7/S7 Edge - January 20, 2017
- Download Bubble Witch 3 Saga for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017