We have seen the Android 5.1 Lollipop update for most of the Nexus devices and like its previous version, this update will be released for either the Google Play variants or the Nexus devices, this update has already be seen on the Nexus devices, not all of them but the Necessary ones, or should I say the high-end flagships. HTC One M8 also has a Google Play Edition, like most of other devices, but as I said, the high-end flagships and also XDA doesn’t get to get everything first, this time the update was posted on Reddit, although then shared to XDA, giving the download link of Android 5.1 Lollipop OTA for HTC One M8, the Google Play Edition.
The update is of 244.2MB and can be installed on a pure Stock device using the Adb Sideload or you can give it a try to any device with Custom rom installed. You will need a Recovery, a Custom One like TWRP is recommended, but you can also try with a Stock recovery. Furthermore you’ll need a little more support and knowledge about the CMD or any other shell, along with an active adb connection, only possible by installing the fastboot drivers and configuring the ADB. In this article, we will show you How to Update HTC One M8 GPe to Android 5.1 Lollipop OTA, without further ado, let us continue.
- This is only for HTC One M8 GPe
- Battery should be charged at least over 60%
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – If CWM or TWRP installed previously, otherwise skip this step and perform this at the end of flashing.
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is HTC in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility
Android 5.0.1 Lollipop OTA Update : Link
How to Install Android 5.1 Lollipop:
- Copy the Zip file to adb folder.
- Configure Fastboot/ADB on your device, How? How to Install Android Adb & Fastboot Drivers on Your Windows PC [Guide]
- Boot into Recovery and enter Sideload mode HOW? from Recovery > Advance > Sidelaod.
- Wipe Cache and Start Sidelaod.
- Now Connect your device with PC.
- Open Command Prompt in Adb folder.
- Type the follwing: adb sidelaod update.zip
- After the process is over, type: adb reboot, or reboot the device manually.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016