Previously alot of devices have received the update of Android 5.1 Lollipop, most of the Nexus devices have received it via the Factory images, some have received the OTA update, but whatever the case was, they all have received this update. The it comes to HTC One M8 GPe, who has been update to Android 5.1 Lollipop quite a time ago, now that every other device is being updated to the latest version, HTC has given HTC One M7 a chance to enjoy the Android 5.1 Lollipop, yes the OTA has started to roll for this device and even the .zip file is available to flash it manually.
Android 5.1 doesn’t bring much changes over the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop, if we recall some noticeable changes, but under the hood, as always there are changes done to increase smoothness in the ROM, along with some other issues removed and performance has been enhances. The update is of 281.28MB and can be manually installed on your device via ADB Sideload.You will need a Recovery, a Custom One like TWRP is recommended, but you can also try with a Stock recovery. Furthermore you’ll need a little more support and knowledge about the CMD or any other shell, along with an active adb connection, only possible by installing the fastboot drivers and configuring the ADB. In this article, we will show you How to Update HTC One M7 GPe to Android 5.1 Lollipop OTA Update, without further ado, let us continue.
- This is only for HTC One M7 GPe!
- Battery should be charged at least over 60%
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – If CWM or TWRP installed previously, otherwise skip this step and perform this at the end of flashing.
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is HTC in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility
Android 5.1 Lollipop OTA Update : Link
How to Install Android 5.1 Lollipop:
- Copy the Zip file to adb folder.
- Configure Fastboot/ADB on your device, How? How to Install Android Adb & Fastboot Drivers on Your Windows PC [Guide]
- Boot into Recovery and enter Sideload mode HOW? from Recovery > Advance > Sidelaod.
- Wipe Cache and Start Sidelaod.
- Now Connect your device with PC.
- Open Command Prompt in Adb folder.
- Type the follwing: adb sidelaod update.zip
- After the process is over, type: adb reboot, or reboot the device manually.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016