Droid DNA has received the Official Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Firmware, but that firmware required something that should be done before, otherwise you won’t be able to update it to Lollipop, and the very first requirement is that you should update it to the latest version available and for HTC Droid DNA it is the Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat, the ROM was available via the OTA, however, those who still have this device must have tried some custom ROMs on it and as always, if you want to try the Stock ROM, you must have the latest Stock ROM installed on it already.
Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat Stock Firmware file is available for HTC Droid DNA and in this Article, we will show you How to Update HTC Droid DNA to Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat Stock Firmware , however, this ROM is pre-rooted, odex/deodex and debloated and also it doesn’t wipe the Data, you have to Factory Reset the device, before flashing this ROM. Without further ado, let us continue.
- This is only for HTC Droid DNA
- Battery should be charged at least over 60%
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – If CWM or TWRP installed previously, otherwise skip this step and perform this at the end of flashing.
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is HTC in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
Download the stock ROM: Link
- Configure the Fastboot and ADB: How to Install Android Adb & Fastboot Drivers on Your Windows PC [Guide]
- Copy the Firmware.zip file to the Fastboot folder.
- Put Your device in Fastboot mode, open CMD in Fastboot folder and type: adb reboot bootloader
- Select Fastboot from the option.
- Connect your device with PC.
- Enter the Following Commands one-by-one:
- fastboot oem rebootRUU
- fastboot oem rebootRUU
- If you get any error saying that the update failed, type again: fastboot flash zip firmware.zip
- This will flash the Firmware again and all is set to go.
- Now type: fastboot reboot
- That will reboot the device and your device will be running Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat official firmware
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016