If we look at the past, CM 9 was Android 4.0 ICS, CM 10, 10.1 and 10.2 were Android 4.1.2, 4.2.2 and 4.3 Jelly Bean Respectively, where the CM 11 was Android 4.4 Kit-Kat and now it is time for CM 12, which is going to be the Android 5.0 Lollipop. Just like there were some un-official threads related with the Android 4.4 Kit-Kat, same is the case here. However, Team CyanogenMod has lost this time because the OmniROm was the very first one to be released as the first Custom ROM based on Android 5.0, for devices other than Nexus 9 and Nexus 6. At the time of Android 4.4 Kit-Kat, team CyanogenMod was the very first to give users a taste of Kit-Kat. It is a good thing to see something from them which is based on Android 5.0 Lollipop, perhaps the Official CyanogenMod 12.
The un-official firmware of CyanogenMod 12 is now available for HTC Desire 816, since this is an early release while being an un-official one, you can’t except much from it, who know how much of stuff in it will work and how much of it will not. For now the Developer has mentioned that Audio, Bluetooth and Sensors are working and what doesn’t work is not mentioned there, for all those who don’t know about HTC Desire 816, it was released in February 2014, 5.5-inch screen size with 1280 x 720p resolution, unexpected 1.5GB of RAM, 8GB of internal memory with External SD Card support, 13-MP of rear cam, a Quad-Core 1.6GHz Cortex A7 processor with Adreno 305 and running Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat out of the Box, no wonder it has gotten this support this fast. If you own an HTC Desire 816 and has made your mind about this ROM, proceed ahead and prepare yourself.
This is only for HTC Desire 816!
This custom ROM is only for the device mentioned above. Make sure that your model number matches the one listed above. To do so, go to Settings > About Device on your device and see your model number. Flashing this ROM on any other device will result in bricking it so make sure that you meet this requirement first of all.
Battery should be charged at least over 60%
Make sure that your battery is charged enough to complete the flashing process. In case your battery is low and your device goes dead during the flashing process, you may end up soft bricking your device as it won’t complete the flashing process.
Flash a Custom Recovery
A custom recovery, whether a TWRP or CWM is required to flash this ROM. TWRP is recommended with this ROM, so make sure that you flash this one using the instructions explained in the guide.
Just to be on the safe side, you may consider backing up each and everything from your Android device. This is highly recommended so that in case anything goes wrong, you still have the access to all of your data and you can restore it immediately. You may backup everything as listed below.
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – If CWM or TWRP installed previously, otherwise skip this step and perform this at the end of flashing.
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is HTC in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
Android 5.0 CyanogenMod 12 ROM: Link
Google Apps: Link
- Connect your device with PC.
- Copy and Paste the Above zip files to the root of your sdcard.
- Open Recovery mode. How?
- Connect your device with PC
- Open Command Prompt in Fastboot folder.
- Now Type: adb reboot bootloader
- Choose Recovery from Bootloader
CWM/PhilZ Touch Recovery Users.
- Back-up your ROM using the Recovery.
- To Perform a Back-up, Navigate to Back-up and Restore on Next screen, Choose Back-up again.
- Go back to Main Screen after the Back-up is complete.
- Then Navigate to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Devlik Wipe Cache’, so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ another windows will open in front of you.
- Finally Select “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”
- Select ‘choose zip from sd card’ from the Options.
- Select the CM12.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Flash Google Apps the same way
- Once the Installation is Over, Select +++++Go Back+++++
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
- Tap On Back-Up and Select System and Data
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider
- Tap on Wipe Button and Select Cache, System, Data.
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
- Go back to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the CM12.zip and Gapps.zip Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Once the Installation is Over, you will be promoted to Reboot System Now
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
Solve Signature Verification Error:
- Open Recovery.
- Navigate to install zip from Sdcard
- Navigate to Toggle Signature Verification and Press Power Button and See if it is disabled or not. Disable it and then Install the Zip without any Error.
First Boot might take up-to 5-minutes, so let your device rest for 5-minutes.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Download Clash Of Clans .Apk For Free - March 31, 2017
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016