One thing is sure about Samsung Galaxy Y, that it is not getting any uopdate regarding Android 4.0 ICS. The only way to update it to further levels is using Custom ROMs. Before installing Custom ROM, your device should have a Custom Recovery installed on it aling with it’s USB drivers on PC. USB drivers allows you to connect all ways of your device with PC so you won’t feel any difficulty while installing Custom ROMs on it.
Before going any further, please read the following:
The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is Samsung in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
- Your device must be rooted.
- CWM must be instlled on your device.
- Battery level should be at 75% or more.
- Just in case, Backup all your important Contacts, Call Logs& Messages.
How To Update Galaxy Y S5360 to Android 4.0 ANTHR-A Custom ROM.
- Download ANTHR-A Android 4.0 ROM for Galaxy Y to your computer.
- Connect your Galaxy Y to PC using original data cable.
- Copy and paste the Android 4.o file to the Root of your sd card, not in any folder.
- Disconnect the cable and turn off your phone.
- Now go into Recovery, Press and hold Volume Up + Power + Home buttons together.
- In CWM Recovery, select ‘Cache Wipe’ first.
- Then Select ‘Wipe Data/Factory Reset’.
- In recovery select ‘Flash zip from sd card’ and select the ‘choose zip from sd card’.
- Navigate to Android 4.0.zip and select it using the power button.
- Confirm the installation on next screen and wait for it to complete.
- After the completion Select ‘++++++++Go Back’ and then select ‘reboot system now’.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016