Galaxy Star Duos is now receiving the update of Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, the build number of this update is XXANF4 and the region for which it has been released is France. This update is bringing some minor bug fixes, over the previous update and some performance enhancement as well, however, for all those who are still waiting for the update of Android 4.1.2, then this is like a treasure for them. You can download this update via OTA or Samsung Kies, but if you are running any Custom ROM, then obviously Samsung Kies won’t recognize your device and OTA is out of question, what you need to do now, is to flash it manually via Odin. Not a very difficult task, your job is to press some buttons and do a few clicks, and all will be done for you.
If you are familiar with Odin and it’s working, then this tutorial might not be difficult for you. Otherwise read the whole tutorial first before trying it on your device. In this Article, we will show you How To Update Galaxy Star Duos S5282 To Android 4.1.2 XXANF4 Jelly Bean Official Firmware. But before we begin, Make sure:
- Back-Up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
- Back-Up your Mobiles EFS Data. How To Restore and Back-Up EFS Data On Samsung Galaxy Devices
- Check your device model, Go To Setting > About and Make sure that it is S5282.
- Do-not try it on any other device.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode
- Download USB Driver For Samsung Devices: Link
The methods involved in flashing custom ROMs and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device,and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is SAMSUNG in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
Since Android 4.1.2 XXANF4 is an official Release from Samsung and it doesn’t require Root or Custom Recovery. But if your Device is rooted, Installing this Firmware will most likely erase the Root of your device. You need to root your device again to gain root access and start installing Custom Tweaks on it
How To Install It.
- Download Android 4.1.2 S5282XXANF4 for Galaxy Star Duos to your computer and extract the zip file.
- Download Odin.
- Turn off your Phone and Turn it On While Pressing, Power + Volume Down + Home button until you see some text on-screen, Press Volume Up to continue.
- Make Sure that the USB drivers are installed.
- Open Odin in Computer and connect your device to PC, while it is in the Download mode.
- If your Phone is successfully connected to PC, the Odin port will turn Yellow with COM port number.
- Now Click on PDA and select the File who has the biggest size.
- In Odin, Check Auto reboot and F.Reset Options.
- Now Click the Start button and wait for the process to complete.
- After the installation is complete you device will restart and once you see the Home Screen, unplug the cable.
That’s it! Your Galaxy Star Duos S5282 has been updated to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware. Go to Settings > About To verify.
If You’re Upgrading from a Custom ROM:
If you are upgrading from a Custom ROM, you will most likely to stuck into bootloop. If this situation occurs. do the following:
- Go to Recovery. Turn off your Phone and Turn it On While Pressing, Power + Volume Up + Home button until you see some text on-screen,
- Navigate to Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Go Back and Select Wipe Cache.
- Select Reboot System Now.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Download Clash Of Clans .Apk For Free - March 31, 2017
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016